Chapter 14

She still felt a little sluggish. She looked at the clock and realized it was already 1.30 in the afternoon. She dragged herself to the bathroom and took a warm bath. After taking bath, she then made a call for food delivery.

Having had a plain poriddge, she downed another medicine and had a nap. At around 4 her phone rang, she stretched her arms and picked up her phone without opening her eyes.

"Hmm?"

"Hey! Are you still in the bed?"

She was still in daze but she knew who was in the phone.

"Hmm"

"Get up and take a bath. Do you forget that tonight is Alvin's birthday"

Right. She went to the shopping mall yesterday to buy birthday present for Alvin, Sherly's boyfriend.

"I got it"

-----

Wearing a black knee-lenght silk dress with stripped blazer over, she walked ellegantly to the hotel where Alvin held his party. She didn't wear heels that night as she didn't feel well, but it didn't make her underdressed as well.
The hotel manager brought her to a VIP room. The hotel was owned by Alvin's family so his guests would directly served by the manager. This was not the first time she came here, so she didn't feel surprised as well.

When they arrived, she thanked the manager politely before she walked into the room. There, she swept her eyes and found the couple.

"This is for you, happy birthday", she handed the gift which she had been holding.

"Thankyou", Alvin took over the gift and thanked her.

"What's wrong with you? Why do you look so haggard?", Sherly asked her.

"Fever"

Sherly directly stretched her arm and touched her forehead "Have you seen doctor?"

"No, but I've taken medicine. Feeling much more better. Don't worry", she smiled "but, I feel bad as I can't eat till you go bankrupt"

Alvin laughed "Seems like God really loves me"

"Then, what would you like to eat? Let me order it for you" Sherly offered.

"Something warm and not too solid"

"Okay, I will let the kitchen prepare"

Clarisse saw that more and more guests were coming, so she told them to entertain the others as she found a seat in the corner of the room. She didn't feel well so she leaned on the sofa and closed her eyes. However, she still could listen clearly to others' conversations.

She had always been so alert since she was younger. How tired she was, she wouldn't feel asleep in the crowd especially strangers. She could hear footsteps which were getting closer and closer to her side. She opened her eyes and stunned.

"This is my cousin, I bet you know him as well. Since you guys know each other then I would let you sit together. Okay?" Alvin explained.

Before Clarisse could react, the man had pulled the seat and sat across her. She could only smile and politely nod.

"Sir"

The man didn't react much, he only nodded and looked at her. Clarisse didn't know what she should do. The longer he looked at her, the hotter she felt. Thankfully, not long after there were several men walked to their seats.

"Hey bro, long time no see"

"Mr. President, it's really an honour for me to be able to meet you"

They teased the man as they sat beside him.

"Oh, who is this beautiful lady?", one of them looked at him mischiveously.

Alvin who had been standing for the whole time commented "It's my birthday, but you guys only care about bro"

They laughed happily but Clarisse didn't feel like laughing at all. She deliberately chose to sit in the corner, but how come she ended up being surrounded by these men. However, she suppressed her feeling and smiled faintly.

Sherly who was afar saw that Clarisse was surrounded by several men. She then waltzed to find Clarisse and smiled to others.

"Aren't all of you ask me to introduce high quality girl, then let me intoduce. This one is my best friend, Clarisse." She proudly introduce Clarisse.

Clarisse who was trying to get out from that place was flabbergasted by her friend's non sense. Is this girl trying to sell me?

"Oh, so this pretty lady is your best friend. No wonder. Hello, I'm Bobby"

"I'm Lewis"

"I'm Alex"

"I'm Steven"

They introduced themselves one after another. Clarisse could only smile helplessly and said "Clarisse"

Bobby who sat right beside the man who had been looking at her non-stop nudged him "Hey bro. Why don't you introduce yourself?"

His question was answered by a cold stare by the man and that made both Alvin and Sherly chuckled before they explained that Clarisse was actually working in his company.

"You are indeed lucky, aren't you?", Bobby complained.

"No wonder Mr.Kevin come back. If I were you, I would definitely come back", Alex added.

Right. Because of her I'm back. Kevin said in his heart yet his expression was nonchalant.

The waiter then brought the food for Clarisse and placed it in front of her. Upon looking at her food, Kevin frowned his brows. Others also felt strange. Why porridge in a party?

"Hey lady, are you on diet? Or are you helping to save the birthday boy's money?", Bobby asked.

Alvin who heard that could only shake his head "She? She won't be that kind-hearted. If not because of sick, she would be the first to impoverish me"

Everyone laughed but not certain someone. Sick and still attend the party?