Chapter 29

Looking at the little girl had fallen deep into her slumber, Clarisse walked out and found the whole Lou family wiping their tears in front of the room. Clarisse nodded her head to show her acknowledgement toward them which was replied with another nod. The sobbing Mandy, accompanied by Ricky, gradually walked into the room where their beloved little angel was.

No one would be able to restraint after listening to Kelly's words. She was still a kid, but so considerate. She acted like a mature adult despite her young age.

Clarisse hid in the corner to shed all the tears that she had held up. She is just a little girl. How can she be so mature? Why does she need to be so considerate?

Kevin followed her silently, he knew that she would find a place to calm down. He only watched from distant. His heart also wretched a lot when he heard what Kelly said. However, looking at Clarisse shedding tears choke him. He felt suffocated. He couldn't bear that suffering any longer so he walked and stood in front of her. He strecthed his arms and pulled Clarisse gently into his embrace.

Clarisse knew who had the gut to hug her that way. She was supposed to push him, but she cried harder than before. Kevin was helpless looking her, he patted her back gently.

"Kelly is so brave, we should feel proud of her"

"She is still a kid, why doesn't she act like a kid?"

"She doesn't act like a kid, then why do you act like a kid instead?"

Clarisse was confused. When do I act like a kid? She frowned. She glared at him who was smiling gently.

Kevin who saw her expression felt so helpless. Why does she look so cute?

"Stop crying" he wiped her tears.

Clarisse finnally understood what he meant.

"Can't you be serious? How can you joke at this time?"

Clarisse was angered after realizing that she was teased. She stood up and planned to walk away. However, she was not fast enough. Kevin grabbed her wrist.

"Let's have lunch", Kevin stopped her

"I want to go home"

Kevin frowned at her answer. Clarisse saw that his expression was not good after being rejected.

"Whom to blame that I need to do presentation tomorrow?"

Kevin smiled at her complaint.

"Shouldn't Ms.Kaylee be blamed?" He acted innocently.

Clarisse felt displease with his question.

"The almight Mr. President is supposed to move her after the shareholders' meeting, don't you think so Mr.Kevin?"

He patted her head dotingly.

"Then let this Mr. President to treat his loyal subordinate for lunch, okay?"

"This subordinate wants to eat the most expensive thing"

"As you wish"