Chapter 47

During Kevin's absence, Clarisse welcomed her mom and aunt who came to visit her from M city.

"Woah.. your place is so nice.", exclaimed her aunt.

"It's a facility from the company."

"Do you clean it up regularly?", her mom inspected as she knew that her daughter was not as tidy as she seemed to be.

"There is an aunt who helps me."

Her mom and aunt had been staying for a week there. They cooked her favourite dishes, she also brought them to sightsee. For the whole week, even though Clarisse looked fine in the surface, she struggled inside. There were only two messages that she received from Kevin since he departed.

[I've arrived]

[She's in comma]

However, it had been a usual thing for Clarisse to hide her feelings thus her mom and aunt didn't find any unusual. She went to work and came back on time. She would be quiet when she felt tired and talked a lot when she was on fire.

Time passed day by day, Kevin had gone for two weeks while her mom and aunt would go back the next day.
It was Saturday on that day so Clarisse brought them to a restaurant nearby. They came back around 8 o'clock as her mom always felt that 8 o'clock had been so late.

When they arrived home, her aunt suddenly said that she felt a little hungry. Her mom then told her to go back first while they went to buy something in the minimarket on the first floor. Clarisse put on her cotton pajamas after taking the bath. When she was drying her hair, the doorbell rang. She frowned. Doesn't mom know the password? Probably, she forgets.

She immediately opened the door and screamed "Have you forgotten the..."

She was soon pulled into a firm chest. Fortunately she knew the person by the unique sense or else she would scream. She was stunned as she got no messages from the person the past two weeks and he suddenly popped up. She wished to absorb his warmth a little longer when she realized that she didn't put on her bra after showering. She pushed the man, but he tightened more.

"Let me hug you for a while."

"..."

"I miss you"

"Why didn't you call me then ?", she murmured on his chest, but the man still could hear it clearly.

"I'm sorry"

Suddenly Clarisse remembered about her mom and aunt. She pushed him.

"My mom and aunt may come back soon."

Clarisse didn't wish to let her mom and aunt to look how intimate they were. After all, she had not told them about their relationship yet. However, Clarisse didn't know that the two women had seen and heard everything since the beginning.

When they arrived on the floor, Kevin pulled her into his embarce so the two women could only hide somewhere else to not disturb the two youngsters. After all, her mom had been worrying about her not getting married.

They just came out from their hiding when they saw that the situation was suitable for appearing.

"Oh..who is this young man?", asked her aunt. "Your boyfriend?"

Clarisse blushed.

"This is Kevin, my boss."

Kevin who heard didn't like how she introduced him to her family.

"Hello auntie, I'm Kevin"

"Why not let him in? This unthoughtful child.", blamed her mom.

Thus Kevin was sitting in front of the two women. One was appreciating his handsome face while the other was smiling but only God knew taht she was assessing him. Clarisse quickly went to her room and changed her homey clothes and didn't forget to put her bra on.

When she came out, she heard laughter from the living room. She didn't know that they were laughing because her mom told Kevin about her childhood. Kevin who had regretted for not knowing her sooner felt grateful that her mom was willing to share about her childhood.

Clarisse also didn't know that Kevin had asked blessing from her mom while she was changing her clothes. The conversation of two people who loved her the most in the world was only witnessed by her aunt.

"So, are you her boss? Then thankyou for taking care of her, I apologize if she has ever made any mistakes.", said her mom.

"I am indeed her boss, but our relationship is more than the relationship of boss and subordinate.", Kevin said with his serious tone, but polite, eliminating all of his majestic aura.

He stood up and bowed 90 degree to her mom "I hope that auntie will give your blessing to us."

Her mom was astonished and quickly stood up and held his shoulders, "Bowing is not needed."

Kevin straightened himself and confessed seriously, " I wish to marry Clarisse. Please give your blessing, auntie."

Her mom smiled, "Are you certain ?"

Kevin nodded.

"Will you take care of her for your whole lifetime? She isn't perfect, despite she is full of flaws. Won't you regret?"

"The only regret that I have is not knowing her sooner."

"I will trust in your words, don't you dare to hurt her or I won't let you off."

"Auntie, please reassured. That day won't ever come."

Her mom nodded. "About marriage, it isn't only between two people, but two families. Have you asked your family's opinion?"

"They urge us to get married soon."

"If so, then it's left on her hands. Hope I have a luxury to have you as my son-in-law."

By that short conversation, Clarisse would be the only one who had the say for when the marriage would happen.