Chapter 10

Several months had passed and the Alpha Corporation's 50th Anniversary had arrived. Alpha Corporation was a giant company which had several branches throughout Asia. This time, it was the headquarter's anniversary, the root of other subsidiaries of Alpha Corporations thus in this banquet, all of the higher-ups and elites would attend.

The banquet was held in Platinum Hotel which was one of subsidiaries of Alpha Corporation, divided into two halls, higher-ups and elites would be in the main hall while the workers would be in a smaller hall.

As a mere manager, Clarisse went to the later before she was summoned by Kaylee to the main hall. Kaylee was not only the finance director, she would also soon be the granddaughter-in-law of the Lou family so she would absolutely be there.

Clarisse walked into the hall and looked for Kaylee. She was wearing a floral knee-lenght dress with her long curly black hair. She didn't wear much make up which reflected her natural beauty. She also only used her watch in her wrist as her accessories. Shabby? No one thought so.

Though Clarisse was not a rare beauty, but she was indeed a beauty with her own charm. She also had a calm demeanour which made her so noble that others might think that she was one of the heiresses.

Clarisse had known it all along that this kind of banquet would be also a place for the elites to show off so whatever she wore would only make her as a laughingstock. To avoid being a laughing stock if she bumped into the elites, it would be better to dress accordingly and low-profile, at least they would tolerate as she was only a mere manager.

However, she felt a little nervous as people started to look at her. Is there something wrong with my face or my dress ?

She never knew that her love for taking care of her body would bring her into the limelight of the elite circle.

"Why do you call me?", asked Clarisse softly as soon as she reached Kaylee.

"I'll introduce you to someone"

"Oh please boss, everyone here is elite"

It was impossible for someone in this circle would feel interested in her.

"Just stay beside me, the show is about to start"

Right after Kaylee spoke, an old man in his black tuxedo walked to the stage.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen, thank you for supporting Alpha Corporation all these years. Your trust is a thrive for us to keep on improving. Alpha Corporation is like a  child that I have reared for 50 years. In this chance, I would like to announce that finally I can retire after working so hard all this time. Please welcome our new president of Alpga Corporation."

Soon a tall and elegant walked his way to the stage. He had the aura of the king and people around him would feel intimidated.

He looked to the crowd with his cold stare then he only bowed slightly before he uttered "Thank you"

For this whole lifetime, Clarisse had never ever heard such a short speech.

"That is the first young master, what do you think?", Kaylee nudged her shoulder while giving her michiveous look.

"It doesn't matter what I think"

Kaylee didn't say much, but she guessed someone would feel hurt if he heard.

"Follow me", Kaylee instructed.

Clarisse didn't have any choice except following Kaylee. There, she saw a pair of elders were chatting happily with another pair of husband and wife.

"Grandpa, grandma, uncle, auntie", Kayle politely addressed them.

"Is this the one that you are talking about?", Old Madam Lou asked.

"Yes, she is the youngest manager in our company", Kaylee explained.

Clarisse who was being looked at by pairs of eyes could only bow politely and smiled sweetly. Why does she introduce me to the Chairman? Did I do something wrong ?

"No wonder", Elder Lou then nodding his head.

If Kaylee could guess why Kevin suddenly decided to come back, then Elder Lou who was his grandfather would think of it as well. Therefore, he had asked Kaylee to introduce Clarisse to them. While Edrick Lou and Jenna Lim were Kevin's parents, they were also curious which young lady could attract their heartless son.

From a far, the certain heartless one saw the scene. Though he was talking to others, his eyes focused to the scene. The little sheep must feel scared to death.