Chapter 34

Flying from one country to another country was one of Kevin's routines. It had been literally a month since last he met his little girl. As soon as he touched down in J City, he rushed to the office where Clarisse was. It was only 12 p.m so she was definitely in the office.

Meanwhile, Clarisse who was in the middle of rushing her work definitely had not left her office for two days. She felt extremely tired, her panda eyes obviously black contrasted to her jade skin. She had to finish all of the work before the meeting at 2 p.m. Fortunately, it was only an internal meeting between directors so there wouldn't be many formalities.

Who knew that the president arrived that day and on that very day, he also joined the meeting. When Clarisse saw Kevin in the meeting room, she knew that she was doomed. Though throughout the meeting, she could answer everything that was questione, she knew that there were many details that were left out in the documents. Other directors didn't mind so much as long as they understood the outline, but the perfectionist president, would he let this off ?

"Meeting is adjourned. Ms. Clarisse, please stay." Kevin's deep voice resonated.

Other directors couldn't do anything unless pitied on Clarisse. For the whole month, she had to work two people's work thanked to the so-called-president's fiance manager, Ms. Stella. This new manager of finance who was working under Clarisse was the young lady of Terra Corp which focused in internet business. Her older brother, Joseph, was best friend of Kevin and Louis. So who would dare to reprimand her if she did any mistakes with her powerfuk background? After all, she also claimed herself as Mr.President's fiance.

Clarisse who had always been careful in reprimanding others was stuck in between professionalism and power. She was also afraid that her reperimanding Stella would cause some kinds of misunderstanding between Kevin. So, she could only teach Stella patiently and correct the mistakes before she reported to Kevin. Everyone in the office knew that this whole month was a hell for Clarisse, but she didn't complain anything at all. Whenever people badmouthed Stella, she would try to shield her as well. "She has just graduated after all, she still has no experience. Give her some time." Those were the words she usually gave to people who complained about the incompetent finance manager.

Speaking of the devil, Stella barged into the meeting room.

"Brother, how come you didn't tell me that you came back today. I could have fetch you"

Kevin didn't say anything, but frowned toward Louis who was behind her.

"I'm sorry. Ms. Stella was so stuborn to meet you."

Stella didn't pay attention to anything when she came in, so she just realized that Clarisse was standing there. " Oh, Ms Clarisse, why are you here?"

Clarisse knew that they need space so she excused herself "I'll fix this and report it back."