Chapter 12

A whole week had been very tough for everyone in the office, Clarisse also felt so. No one dared to go home before the directors came out from the killing room. Clarisse though felt tortured for staying so late in the office, but she pitied the directors who had to have meeting with the heartless devil. Thank Kaylee that she only needed to represent her for a day which felt like a month.

As soon as the directors came out, everyone cheered loudly. Finally, their torture had ended. Everyone rushed without wasting a minute.

Clarisse also grabbed her bags and went home. Walking to the basement, she was stopped by Kaylee.

"Hey , where are you going?"

"Of course home"

"Want to join us ?"

"Where ?"

"Welcome party for the President"

"I have to praise your stamina, how could you still have the mood to party after the long meeting?"

"That's the way to release your stress. Let's go, we have booked the whoke bar."

"I don't drink"

"Who let you drink? You are underaged"

"I'm not underaged!"

"So are you coming?"

"No, I need to teach tomorrow. Bye. Have fun"

Clarisse got into her silver sedan car and disappeared from the basement.

The next morning, she really didn't lie. Went jogging and had her butter toast before going to Platinum Residence where her student lived.

This residence was a place for the top elite lived. Whoever lived in this residence meant that they were able to control the rain in the country. Therefore, the security there was a top-notch. Only the people that were listed by the residents were able to get into the residence.

Entering the gate of Platinum Residence, two securites welcomed Clarisse and asked for her identity card. She was listed in the guest list since she started teaching several months ago.

Her silver sedan car stopped in front of luxury white house. She stepped out from the car and climbed up the stairs to the entrance when suddenly a little creature hugging her legs.

"Ms.. you come so early today", the squeaky sound melted her heart.

"I do not need to go to the office today, so I come earlier. Why? Are you not welcoming me?" , Clarisse knelt down as she spoke. Her eyes met the little girl's.

"Impossible. Kelly always welcomes Ms. Clarisse"

Clarisse patted the little creature's head then picked her up to get into the house.

Frankly said, Clarisse was not a teacher but a playmate. She didn't know exactly how she could be so attached to this little one and surprisingly the little one also felt the same.

At that time, Clarisse was walking to the garden behind the church, it was her first time there so she would like to get know the place when she found a little girl wearing striped blue dress with her hair tied into a messy bun crying silently.

She walked to where the little girl was and knelt in front of her.

"It's okay, everything will be alright"

The little girl lifted up her chin and looked deeply to her eyes.

"Really? Everything will be alright?"

She hugged the little girl and tapped her back gently.

"Hmm.. Nothing will happen"

Their first meeting was short. After the parents found the girl, they thanked Clarisse and invited her to their home. At first, Clarisse was bound to reject but the little girl was holding her index finger tightly with her round big eyes.

Clarisse couldn't help but agreed, since then Clarisse became her so called tutor when she barely taught anything to Kelly since she was a genius. Good at playing piano, maths and fluent in several languages like English, Mandarin, French, and Japanese when she was only five.

Clarisse would visit her every Saturday. They would play along in a short drama, or Clarisse would prepare motoric exercises for her or sometimes taught her how to dance. In short, they only had fun.

"So today, what do you want to do?"

The little index finger pointed on her forehead " Let's make some brownies?"

"Sure"

If this question was asked to Clarisse several years ago, then Clarisse would be dumfounded. However, she started to cook herself and even tried to bake some desserts after she moved to J city as she was living alone thus this matter was just a piece of cake.

The chef served two plates of aglio olio for Clarisse and Kelly. They were busy baking brownies while the chef was preparing lunch for them.

"How is it ? Is it suit your taste?", Kelly asked attentively as it was the first time they ate together.

"Of course", Clarisse smiled then patted at the little girl's head.

"Uncle K's cooking is much more better", Kelly said while digging her food.

Clarisse could only smile as she didn't know who the Uncle K that Kelly was talking about.

After lunch, Kelly told Clarisse that she would like to read some books so they went to her bedroom. Kelly chose the Red Riding Hood story and asked Clarisse to read it for her. However, Kelly fell asleep in the middle of the story. Clarisse closed the book and got out of the room quietly after she left a note.

She drove her silver sedan out from the Platinum Residence to a cafe nearby the Riverside Apartment which was the place she lived at. Entering the cafe, a beautiful girl waving at her.

"Don't you think that it's getting harder to meet you?", the girl protested.

"This whole week was a hell for everyone, the new president is really savage", she told what happened for the whole week and the reasons why she cancelled their meeting for thrice.

"No wonder", the girl symphatized. "However, you still need to treat me for cancelling our meeting"

"Sure sure sure princess"

"Oh, but how could you come out at this hour?", the girl asked as she knew it was Clarisse's time to tutor.

"I went there in the morning"

Actually, Sherly didn't undertand why Clarisse would do tutoring without any payment. After all, she was busy enough in the weekdays. Not only that, she was also a Sunday-school teacher. She could only shake her head seeing her friend.

However, Clarisse was not purely unpaid. Her newest series mobile phone and laptop were given by Kelly's parents. Sometimes they would also give her expensive gifts.

In the Platinum Residence, Kelly had just woken up from her nap ti find out that Clarisse had left a note. Then she heard familiar footsteps getting closer and when the door was pushed open, she couldn't maintain her calmness and ran toward the figure.

"Uncle K", she was picked up by Kevin as soon as she ran close to him.

"How are you?", Kevin asked with his deep voice but there was a smile on his face.

"Hmm" the little girl nodded. "Why do you come so late?"

Kevin frowned and asked "Why?"

"Ms. Clarisse came this morning"

Kevin didn't know why this little monster could be so persistent in matchmaking him and her. However, this showed that they had the same taste and a high quality one.

"We baked brownies just now. Let's have some"