Chapter 9

In the morning, as usual, Kevin would go jogging. It's been a habit. For him, jogging was not only a way to keep him healthy, it was also a part of preparation to face the day.

Didn't know what he dreamt the night before, he came across with the goddess, the sole reason of his coming back. Her bare face, her curly ponytail, and her fair skin. Everything seemed so echanting.

His sense came back when an old man asked him "Youngster, won't you come up?"

He looked around and saw the woman had walked away. He bowed to the old man and said, "No, thankyou."

As soon as he replied, the elevator closed. Not wasting time, he ran to the place where he last saw her. She... was nowhere to be found.

-----

Clarisse had always been the earliest to arrive. The security guards had long known this habit of hers. So upon seeing her, they would only smile and shake their heads.  Indeed, people with integrity.

"Clarisse.. send documents related to the previous project to this email."

Kaylee came into Clarisse's office and handed her a piece of paper.

"Oh okay.. but may I know who do I send these documents to? So I can address him or her properly."

"The new CEO"

"I got it"

Kaylee smiled sneakily when she left the room. She suddenly thought of the morning call from the cold-hearted king.

She had roughly guessed the reason of the king's comeback, especially right after the previous anniversary party. However, this childhood friend's of hers somehow couldn't be understood  of the way he acted or thought.

Hopefully, it went as she wished.

On the other hand, Clarisse immediately collected all the documents and sent them without any delaying.

There was a saying, if you are busy, yoy will feel that time passes quickly and it was exactly what Clarisse felt. She was so immersed when suddenly a head with blondie long hair peeked into her room.

"It's lunch time. Let's go"

Both Clarisse and the girl, Chloe,  walked to the cafetaria which was on the first floor. There, the finance department staff had all gathered.

"Hey boss.. here"

Although she was their manager, she never mistreated them so their relationship was the warmest among the departments.

"Boss.. have you heard that there will be new CEO ?"

"I've just heard from Ms. Kaylee", Clarisse answered while eating

"Then do you know who is he or she ?"

Clarisse shook her head.

"I heard that the new CEO might be the first young master"

"Really?"

"Oh my god, I heard that he is very handsome"

"He is not only handsome, he is the business prodigy, successful at his very young age"

"But.. do you guys still remember how he was ?"

"Even the iron lady, Ms. Lorraine from the Sales department cried"

The first young master was indeed a genius, and no one would dare to say no for that. Several years ago, not lobg after he established his own company with his friend in the States, he came to substitute his father to rule Alpha Corporation as the Chairman fell sick.

That time was very chaotic. Alpha Corporation' shares were plummeted and impacted their business not only in Asia but also America. He was only 25 that year, but he was able to counterattacked and stabilized the company.

However, for those who worked under him. It was the most thrilling moment. No mistake could be tolerated.

As the ones who ever suffered under his ruling remininced and couldn't help but trembled, Clarisse's got a notification.

She slided her phone and saw that there was new email.

[Explain shortly about the project]

It was from the new CEO, the big boss.

She didn't dare to delay and directly explained the matter. She typed seriously.

The others were also quiet and serious after Clarisse told them that it was the big boss.

Clarisse finally hit the button send and all of them sighed relief. They were just about to dig their food when another notification arrived.

[Voice note]

Clarisse was dumbfounded upon seeing the message. She had explained it very well, but he asked for a voice note. What's on his mind?

For the period of time, Clarisse seemed like getting another new job. Sending documents and recording voice notes to explain things.