Chapter 45

As soon as they entered the hotel room, Kevin grabbed her hand and took her to his room.

"Hey, what are you doing?"

"Didn't you tell me to take a GOOD rest?", he deliberately stressed the word "good".

Clarisse stunned. What is he planning?
"Accompany me", Clarisse blushed upon hearing his short expanation.

Laying on the big bed, Clarisse was held in Kevin's embrace couldn't help but felt sleepy.

"Aren't you supposed to accompany me? Why are you the one who is going to sleep?",Kevin teased.

"Didn't I tell you that I want to take a rest as well?" Clarisse rebuted.

Kevin caressed her head "En..you told me, take a rest."

Suddenly, Clarisse opened her eyes and sat straight. Kevin was a little startled by her actions, but he didn't say anything.

"May I ask something?"

"Anything."

"What is your relationship with Stella?"

"Her brother is my best friend."

"So, you guys have known for a long time."

"When she was born, I was also there accompanying Joseph."

Kevin tried to answer honestly to assure her that they didn't have any kind of man and woman relationship. He didn't want her to feel insecure anybit.

"Have you ever had a crush on her? After all, she is beautiful."

"For me, no one is better than you."

"Save your sweet talk"

Clarisse who was pursued by a lot of boys when she was younger and men when she was older had had enough for sweet talks. Although she felt good to hear it from the man she loved, she didn't want to show it.

Kevin held her hand tightly. He really wanted to express that he had no one except her in his heart.

"I have transferred her to another branch, both of us won't meet her frequently."

"Huh? Why do you do so?"

"If I didn't, I would lose you."

"Huh?"

"Don't tell me that your resignation isn't related to her"

"How could you know that?"

"How could I not know that?"

"Did you stalk on me?"

"Do I need to do that?"

"Hey!!"

"Tell me anything that you don't like directly, don't hide from me next time. Don't you know how anxious I was when you didn't come back for days?"

"Oh..sorry"

"No, I am the one who is supposed to apologize."

Clarisse looked at his deep eyes, trying to process his words.

"I made you cry, anxious, tired, and angry these days."

Clarisse smiled and quickly gave him a kiss on his cheek. He immediately held her shoulders and said seriously. "Don't test my self-control."

"Huh? That effective?"

"Try more to see how effective you will make it react"

Clarisse blushed and immediately ran away. "I'll go back to my room. Don't disturb."

Kevin only sighed looking at her reaction, but he didn't stop her because he didn't lie that she was really effeftive in turning him on. Seems like my self-control will be tested every single second.

Around 5 p.m., Clarisse woke up from her nap. She got up and walked to the living room and there she found Kevin had been working with his laptop. Handsome. She smiled.

She walked to his side and sat beside him. Kevin turned his head to her and smiled. "Awake?"

She nodded.

"What do you want for dinner?"

"No preference."

Kevin knew that she would say so as he had known how lazy she was to have her meal. She would only eat anything that was prepared.

"Oh..here is your card."

"For you."

"Me?"

"Yes"

"Why?"

"You are my fiancee."

"Hey! Who said so?"

Kevin immediately trapped her in his arms. "Then, Mrs. Lou?"

"Hey!!"

"After all, you will soon to be."

Clarisse's face turned into a beet.

"Are you sure this card for me?"

"Yes"

"This is limited, how if I shop everyday using your card?"

"I can afford it."

"You had better prepare yourself."

"After all, it's yours."

"Mine?"

"Mine is yours, even me myself is yours. So use it in your disposal."

"Then, I will shop until drop."

Kevin wondered when he would have that honour. He knew it well that she wouldn't use his card although she said so. Because Clarisse was not the kind of woman who was a shopping freak. After all, if she was one, she would use her own money. She was that kind of woman, the independent one. The one that might scare other men, but not him.