Chapter 30

After having their lunch in Clarisse's favourite sushi restaurant, they went back home. Clarisse who planned her to-do lists in her little head was held by wrist as she opened her apartment door.

She turned to her right where the handsome big boss was standing. She knitted her brows "Is there anything else?"

"Bring all you stuff"

"Why?"

She got no reply in words, but in actions. Kevin walked pass her and got into her room. He took her laptop and some files on its top.

"Is there anything else you need for working?", he asked.

"Glasses"

"Where?"

"On the side-table"

Kevin walked to the side-table and took the glasses.

"Anything else?"

Clarisse shook her head.

Kevin who saw her reaction walked out from the room and closed the door. He then grabbed her wrist and brought her back to the elevator.

"I need to work", Clarisse complained.

"Of course"

"Then?"

"At my place"

"..."

Clarisse was very speechless. Is there anyone who is more overbearing than him? Why can't I retort? Why am I so obedient? No! I have to retort, I have to gain back my freedom.

"Why should I? Are there any rules for your subordinates to work in your place? Then, your place must be overcrowded by now"

Clarisse was proud of herself as she was so eloquent.

"There are no rules, and I won't allow those kinds of rules exist"

"Then, you don't have any reasons to force to work in your place,Mr. Kevin", Clarisse deliberately emphasized "Mr.Kevin" with her insincere smile.

What is in this girl's mind? Do I need to elaborate everything in detail? Why can't she understand that she is having the privilege to enter this one's place?

Kevin didn't utter anything as the elevator arrived on the 18th floor. He who had been holding her wrist walked toward 1801 room nonchalantly . Clarisse followed behind so obedient that it shocked her as well.

He leaned to her right ears and said "1912"

"Huh?"

"Passcode"

Why does it seem so familiar? Clarisse thought, but still pressed the number to unlock the door.

Walking inside, she saw two slippers were placed on the mats. Ones in black and ones in white, she remembered there were no slippers when she first came thus she had to have barefeet.

Kevin saw that she was in daze, so he flicked his fingers which startled her. "Don't you like white?"

Clarisse nodded.

Don't tell me that he specially bought these slipperes for me ? Clarisse's heart pounded very fast that it seemed to jump out of her body anytime. Her whole body froze.

Kevin knew that she would react knowing the hidden meaning from his words, but he didn't expect that kind of reaction. Looking at her barefeet on the cold floor, he sighed before he picked her up in princess style and brought her to the living room while holding all her stuff on his right hand.

Clarisse was shocked with his action, but she was scared that she would fall so she tightened her arms which were linked around his neck subconciously.

Kevin put her on the sofa gently and put all her stuff on the table. "Call me if you have done."

Clarisse nodded and arranged her stuff so she could start working. Kevin who saw that she didn't give any other complaints walked to his room since he had a lot of work to finish as well. Both of them were too absorbed with their own work to realize that it had passed several hours.

When Clarisse finished her work, the clock pointed to five o'clock. Oh! It's been three hours. She gathered the documents and brought them along with her laptop. She knew that the master room was in the second floor, so she climbed up the stairs while looking around.

He is absolutely a rich man. This penthouse is totally amazing.

It was not her first time coming to his place, but it was her first time to observe it. Some said that the house represented the owner. It was definutely true. Kevin's penthouse was furnished with dark colour combined with transparent glass showing its ellegance yet aloof.

Clarisse had to be very careful as the stairs that she was climbing was made of glass. She then welcomed with a huge one-floor bed room where the owner was sitting right in front of her. Yes, she could immideately look into the room as she was on the second floor as the wall of the bedroom was made of floor to ceiling glass.

"Sir, I've done. Please check it."

Kevin didn't realize her arrival as he was too concentrated to his work, moreover Clarisse walked carefully before. He looked at her and fronwed.
Why does she move anywhere when she doesn't put on slippers?

He directly walked to her side and picked her up. His action was too fast for Clarisse to process, thus she just realized what he did when she was placed on his leather arm chair which he had been sitting on.

Kevin smoothly placed her on the chair and took over the laptop. He leaned on the desk while holding the laptop on his left and his right hand smoothly swipe the pad.

Clarisse gulped her saliva difficultly as she saw the hot scene in front of her. He was too hot.

However, the scene in front of her to mesmerizing that she felt suffocated. No no no. I need to find excuse to get out from here.

"How is it ? Is there anything that needs to be edited ?"

Kevin looked at the girl who was sittin g on his chair. Her face was pale and her eyes looked a little red. She must be tired.

"Take a nap first"

"Huh?"

"Don't you feel tired?"

Clarisse was indeed tired. She was in the hospital until daybreak and could only sleep for several hours.

"Yes"

"Then go and take a nap"

"Then what time should I come back? Seven? Eight?"

Kevin sighed helplessly. Was I not clear enough? Why is she so clueless? He put the laptop on the desk and again he picked her up.

"Why?", Clarisse was absolutely dumfound. Will he throw me to the first floor?

Kevin brought her to his king-sized bed wrapped with white sheet.

"Didn't I say you can take a nap?"

"Here?"

"..." Kevin didn't answer, but Clarisse could feel that the room temperature dropped to the lowest.

She racked her brain to help her out this suffocating situation.

"You are really a good boss, aren't you? You even let your subordinate to take a nap while you are working, I should tell everyone so they can also have this kind of opportunity"

Kevin was so fed up listening to her non sense. She is clearly very tired yet still has energy to play around. Does she know how to take care of herself? So worrying.

Kevin didn't response to her reply, yet he kissed her forehead and laid her down before tucking the quilt over her. "I'll wake you up if I've done checking"