Chapter 13

It had been two weeks since the last Clarisse met Kelly so the little creature sent her a message on the bright Saturday morning.

[Will you come today ms ? I miss you a lot]

Clarisse called her as soon as she read the message.

"Hello dear"

"Miss.. will you come today?"

"Erm .. I'm sorry, but I need to go to a construction site today and do not know when will be back"

"O..kay , I got it. Please take care. Don't be sick"

"Okay. Be good"

"En"

For two weeks, Clarisse had to work on the weekends. She was a finance manager but due to Kaylee's absence for preparing her wedding, she had no choice but took care of Kaylee's work as well.

Actually, Kaylee's work was not that troublesome but the new president was a true perfectionist. He obliged all of the directors to understand every departments' work. Thus she as a mere manager had overload work.

Today, she also had to join them to visit the construction site. She wore a long sleeved silk blouse and black cotton pants with her nude flat shoes. She had her hair tied into ponytail as the sun shone brightly. She also wore glasses.

She waited Jason, Project Director, to pick her up as she didn't know the way to the construction site. She also got along with Jason because they were at the same age. Jason was the son of the second biggest shareholder thus he got the privileged to be a director at his young age. However, he was actually very competent as well.

Construction site was a place where a presence of woman would be a rare thing especially a beautiful one with a fair skin like Clarisse. So it was not a weird thing that everyone kept on looking at her. However, this situation really annoyed Kevin a lot. He then regretted letting her come. Moreover, looking at her sitting in other man's car and talking intimately with him were such a torturing. He really wished to hide her for the whole of his life.

After inspecting the construction site, it was the lunch time so they went to a hotel to have their lunch. After all it was the president's offer, who would dare to say no.

They had their lunch while talking about work thus it took quiet a long time. By the time they finsihed, it was 3 p.m. Everyone then bad goodbye.

"How do you go home?", one of the directors asked Clarisse.

"I'll send her home safely and intact, don't worry" Jason jokingly answered.

Who knew their short conversation would ruin certain someone's mood. He really regretted letting her come. In one hand, he was really a perfectionist so he demanded every director to know every department's matter while he also used this chance to see him.

-----

The sky was dark and the wind blew hard. It was going to rain any time. Clarisse who was holding several shopping bags walked faster to the MRT. Hopefully, it rains after I arrive.

Previously he asked Jason to drop her in the nearby shopping mall. She reasoned that she had made promise to meet her friend there. So Jason didn't have any choice except dropping her in the shopping mall. However, only she knew it well that it was only an excuse.

The way Jason treated her, she knew it well enough that it was not between mere colleagues. She admitted that Jason was every girl's ideal man. Good-looking, smart, friendly and wealthy. No girl would defy him, yet she felt that she was not worthy for him. She felt that he might despise her. Knowing the result would be null, then why should she play with the fire?

Right after she got off from the MRT, it started to drizzle. She rushed to her apartment with her hands holding shopping bags. Right fifty steps before the apartment, the rain poured hardly. She got no choice, but ran the fastest to the apartment.

She was drenched so as soon as she got into her room, she went to have warm bath and drank a cup of hot water after.

She thought that she wouldn't catch a cold yet she overestimated her body. The next day, she sneezed a lot and she felt cold. She was supposed to be in the church yet she was cuddling in her bed. She thought off the overload work that she would face on Monday so she ate medicine and went to her deep slumber.

Not until noon before she woke up. Fortunately, she felt more energized though she still snoze.