Chapter 22

Clarisse was washing the dishes after breakfast when the bell rang. She quickened  her movements to answer the door to find out that a man with a little girl in his arms. The man was wearing grey shirt with long black pants while the little girl was wearing white dress which made her like a little angel.

"Ms. Clarisse, are you ready ? Let's go together."

Clarisse was about to decline when she remembered what she had promised the man the night before. She wouldn't avoid him. She then nodded and took her belongings.

Kevin drove his black sport car to the church. Actually, he deliberately chose that car as to prevent her sitting on the back seat. As the result, she was sitting on the vice seat with Kelly on her laps. Occasionally, he would look to the left side where both angels who were wearing white dresses were chatting and smiling lovingly. I would like to have a beautiful daughter in the future, they would look nice together.

Around thirty minutes later, they arrived in the church. Kevin directly went to open Clarisse's door and carried the little girl. They walked side by side, onlookers might think that they were a family, a perfect family.

They sent Kelly to the Sunday school, then walked together to the hall as Clarisse didn't have to teach on that day. They both sat together side by side. Strangely, Clarisse didn't feel awkward at all after the incident the night before.

After the devotion, they decided to have lunch in Sushi restaurant thanked to Kelly's information.

"Ms. Clarisse likes to eat sushi"

They went to the same restaurant that Clarisse had gone the night before with Sherly. However, she didn't complain as the companions were somewhat special. What ? Special ? Please Clarisse, think straight !

Clarisse didn't dare to order as she was afraid Kevin would think that she was impolite thus she only focused on Kelly's meal.

"What do you want to eat?"

"Erm.. something crunchy"

She helped the little girl flipped the menu and helped her to decide. She then only ordered everything that the little girl wanted to eat then she ordered herself a cup of o-cha.

Kevin who had been paying attention to her frowned. He then looked at the menu that he had been holding.

"One sashimi table set"

Clarisse was dumbfound as she knew how expensive it was. No, it was the most expensive one in the restaurant, accurately in the city. She liked to eat sashimi, but she had never ordered that.

Kevin smiled at her warmly.

He knew ? How could he know my favourite?

"Alvin told me", he said.

Clarisse was startled as he could read her mind.

There was only one cute voice could be heard during the lunch while Clarisse would react every now and then , and Kevin was in guard to fill both his angels' plates. After lunch, they brought Kelly home.

They were welcomed by Mandy and his husband, Ricky. Kelly ran towards them as soon as she saw them. Ricky carried her and kissed his little daughter.

"Sorry for bothering you", Mandy said to Kevin.

"My pleasure", Kevin replied.

"Have you guys had your lunch?", Mandy asked.

Both Kevin and Clarisse nodded.

"Then stay for dinner." Mandy commanded.

"Sorry, but we have other plans. Next time.",Kevin said.

Clarisse was a little surprised since she didn't know which "other plans" that Kevin was talking about.

"Okay, then have fun", Mandy said gently.

------

It was so silent that a fallen pin could be heard. Since there was no more Kelly, the drive was so awkward. Precisely, Clarisse felt awkward while Kevin was enjoying himself sensing her attitude. He always found it cute when she reacted that way.

Kevin didn't know since when he fell for her, but he knew that she caught his attention at the first sight. She could be as arrogant as a queen, as fierce as tigress, as professional as an executive, as coward as a bunny. She was like different person in different situation. However, she always looked timid whenever they were alone. Kevin somehow wished that she could be herself in front of him, but he also knew it well that he held a special place in her heart thus she always felt cautious around him as she was afraid to do something that could annoy him. Though she acted cautious subconciously, Kevin could see through the trust that she had in him through her eyes. Those glowing eyes which always bewitched him. He wished that one day she could really trust him wholly and be herself.