Chapter 43

Tired from the emotional struggle, Clarisse slept soundly in Kevin's arm. However, that night was a sleepless night for Kevin. He felt so distressed. He had never thought that she would be so vulnerable. The Clarisse that he knew was a woman who was arrogant like queen, fierce like a tigress, gentle like a rabbit, or pure like an angel.

However, the figure in his embrace was so vulnerable that he was afraid that she would break at any moment. His precious woman, what had she been through that she could act so strong in front? The more he thought, the more painful he felt.

In the middle of night, Clarisse suddenly woke up because of nightmare. When she opened her eyes, her eyes met the two clear eyes that were looking at her solemnly. His other hand was holding her hands which were placed on her stomach.

"Did you have nightmare?", the man asked.

Clarisse only nodded.

"I'm here.", Kevin reassured her and hugged her tighter.

His hug and his words calmed her down. In her dream, she was in the dark foggy forest while screaming his name, but he was no where to be found. Knowing that it was only a dream, she couldn't feel happier. However, she then realized that she was really afraid of losing him.

Clarisse didn't dare to close her eyes though she felt sleepy. She kept on looking into Kevin's eyes. Kevin looked at the little girl in his arms who was looking at him couldn't control his inner desire. He kissed her forehead for a very long time before he said "Key, let's get married"

Clarisse didn't know how to react. She had never imagined that she would be proposed simply, but so touching. Romantic candle light dinner, kneeling on a knee, a bouquet of flowers, or a diamond ring would never be more meaningful than the seriousness of his words during her most embarassing time.

Her arm hugged his waist as a silent agreement. She then snuggled deeper into his embrace looking for warmth. Kevin's heart suddenly smeared with overloading sweetness. Her actions were more than enough. Both of them got into their deep slumber with smiles on their faces.

The next morning, Kevin woke up as the sun rays got into the room. Having a sleeping beauty in his embrace boosted his mood. Need to get married as soon as possible to have her sleep in my arms everyday. He firmly said to himself. Looking at the moving figure in his arms, he quickly closed his eyes.

When Clarisse opened her eyes, there was a handsome figure in front of her. She released her arm which was on his waist to caress his cheek. Thank God for giving him to me.

Her hand was caught suddenly by the man and before she could react, her lips was caught by the man's as well. The long kiss was soon ended when Kevin felt that his little brother was too excited. He kissed her forehead and rushed to the bathroom to have a cold bath.

Clarisse who was left was dumbfound. Won't touch him in the future. Too dangerous. She promised. She got up and tidied the bed before taking a bath as well. When she came out from her room wearing a baby pink chiffon dress, Kevin who was wearing grey tee and black pants had been sitting in the couch reading newspaper.

He is so cool. Clarisse praised in her heart.

"Come here.", Kevin put the newspaper aside.

As soon as Clarisse arrived, he pulled her to sit on his lap. Clarisse face immediately turned red.

"When can I meet your mom?"

"Huh?"

Kevin's heart tightened. Don't tell me that she didn't agree to get married. Was I overconfident?

"We need to ask for her blessing."

Clarisse blushed.

"Give me some time."

Kevin felt that his heart would stop at that very moment. He feared that she would change her mind.

Clarisse saw Kevin's expression and she smiled. "Give me some time to work hard."

Kevin's hands which had been resting on her waist tightened. What does she mean?

"Let me improve myself to be able to stand beside you proudly."

Upon hearing her explanation, he felt a little relaxed.

"You are more than enough."

Clarisse shook her head.

"I do not want you to be my shield, I want to stand beside you hand in hand to face good things and bad things. So could you please give me some time? After all, I do not want to add another nickname for myself."

"Nickname?"

"Gold digger or social climber."

Kevin understood what she worried. Though no one would dare to say that in front of him, but people would think that way about her and he didn't want anything that might make her feel bad happened. He wanted people to say that he was the lucky one to have her, not the otherwise. So, he nodded approving.

"But.. you have to know that you will always have me to support you. So don't work too hard. I can't bear it."

Clarisse nodded.

"Can we go to have breakfast now? I'm hungry.",Clarisse asked like a little child asking food from her mom.

Kevin couldn't help but pinched her cheek. He loved to see her being so sulky because he knew this version of her only he had the previlege to enjoy.