Chapter 57

Going back to the working life, the couple immersed themselves in their work since they had been out of workstation. Thus, they had a lot of things to handle which made the couple had to spend their quality time by working on their on laptops.

Though it was Saturday night, both of them stayed in Clarisse's apartment and did their work. Clarisse was practising her presentation while Kevin was having a video conference with the higher-ups of his company in the States.

The atmosphere was warm even though they didn't talk. The feeling was like an old couple who had been living together for a long time. Occasionally Kevin would sneak a peak at his woman who was so focused on perfecting her presentation. As for why she did so was because she didn't want to embarass Kevin for having untalented woman.

"Ah, there is something that I want to discuss with you.", Clarisse asked as she saw that he had finished the video conference.

"Hmm?"

"Do you still remember Olivia?"

"She is not you, why should I remember her?"

Clarisse was really dumbfounded by the man who was currently walking to her side.  Why is he getting better and better at sweet talking?

Kevin tapped her nose lightly as he sat beside her. He felt that she was so cute at that very moment.

"She is the intern that I told you.", Clarisse got back to the topic.

She had ever told him that there was an intern who gave her the same feeling as her younger self. However, Kevin only focused on the story of how tough her life be.

"..."

Looking at his unresponsive reaction, she continued "Is it okay if I took her in as assitant manager in finance department?"

"It's your department, do as you wish. I trust you."

"Oh...please...big boss, could you please don't pamper me so much? How if I become unreasonable?"

He snaked his arm around her waist and pulled her into his embrace "For your information, I will pamper you until you can't live without me. So, you won't have the idea to leave me."

"What if you are the one who leaves me?"

"Do you think I can?"

"No one knows the future."

Clarisse was a person who yearned for love, but feared to be in love. There were too many betraying stories from the people around her which made her feel pessimistic toward the word 'love'. She had given out all of her bravery in sake of accepting Kevin. She was afraid that he would one day leave her. Thus, she didn't dare to give herself too much hope.

However, her answer somewhat hurt Kevin. He felt that he didn't show her enough love which still made her feel insecure. He blamed himself for not doing enough to make her trust him a hundred percent. He made a vow that he would never do anything that would make her mistrust him. For him, she was the most important. He couldn't afford to lose her.

By their short discussion, Olivia was hired as assistant manager when she had finished her internship. By then, eveything went as it was supposed to be.

It was the second week of July when Clarisse was invited to a wedding of her classmate. Again, she had to exchange pleasantaries with her long-lost friends. Questions like 'Where do you live now?', 'Where do you work at?', 'What do you do for living', 'Have you had partner?' should be answered by almost every time she met others.

However, she didn't explain much abour her personal life. It was not because she was embarassed of it, but she didn't want to brag it. What would others' reactions be when they found out she was a director in her 23 and her boyfriend was a feared businessman in the nation? It would be best to stay low-profile. After all, Kevin didn't come with her as he was still in B country.

In this kind of ocassion, it was inevitable that you might have the chance to meet new people and so did Clarisse.

"Hi, Clarisse", she introduced herself as she shook the girl in front of her.

"Jennifer.", the bi-spectacled girl with her long straight sliky hair replied shyly.

They were introduced by Clarisse's classmate who was actually Jennifer's senior in the university. Unfortunately, Jennifer had to drop out as her father went bankrupt to treat her mom's sickness which then died not long after they met their miserable state. Thus, she had to work as a part timer to support their life expenses.

That day she was actually didn't want to attend, but the bride was her best friend and the groom was the senior who helped her to find part-time job. However, who knew that coming to the wedding would then change her life.

"I heard that you are quiet good at designing.", Clarisse praised. She didn't lie because she really heard it before. Somehow to hear her story, she felt pain as well. Jennifer would suppose to get scholarship but because encountering such major events sequencely, her score dropped and caused her to stay the second and lost the scholarship.

"How about we become business partner?", Clarisse suggested. "I will do the managing and marketing part while you do the designing. Let's build our own brand. I'll give 40%. Is it a deal ?"

Clarisse had always wanted to start her own business, but she used to be lack of money and she didn't know how to produce products. Meeting Jennifer was such a good chance for her to spread her wings and help others.