Chapter 37

He was then left alone. After Clarisse walked out, he asked Stella to leave as well. She is definitely angry. Everytime she mentioned "your fiancee", Kevin's heart felt like being squeezed. He would like to explain that Stella was not his fiancee, but whenever he wanted to clarify, she would cut him. Yes, cut. Probably, she was the only who had gut to cut his words.

He was dazed for several hours before Louis came in and handed him a document.

"Ms. Clarisse asked my help to hand this."

He saw the document that Louis holding was the document that he asked her to re-do previously.

"Where is she?"

"She had left."

Kevin immediately rushed home. He pressed her room bell, but there was no answer. He fished out his phone and dialed her number. He got no answer, as well.

Meanwhile, Clarisse who was being searched by Kevin sitting in front of her friends, Sisca, Sandra, and Darwin. She cried and cursed the couple. "They are definitely bullying me!"

They were supposed to meet up for catching up, but who knew that Clarisse would cry as soon as she sat.

"Let me help you to look for new job"

"Do you want to work in my father's company?"

"How if you work in my company?"

They quickly gave her solutions. They knew that Clarisse must have suffered for a long time before she burst out. She might have bottled things up for the whole time.

Clarisse was touched by her friends, but she shook her head gently.

"I have some shares in my friend's company. He had also promised me that I will always be welcomed whenever I go. So, I think I will just work there. Thank you for your concerns.", she knew that Michael would always welcome her no matter what.

"Don't say so"

"Since that you have decided, then when will you hand your resignation letter?"

"On Monday"

-----

"Hey, wake up Key. It's seven now", Sandra woke her up.

For these three days, Clarisse lived in Sandra's place as she didn't wish to cross path with that man. She didn't know exactly why she was so angry toward him, but she knew clearly that she was angry toward him.

"Hey, Key. You've got fever." Said Sandra when she tried to wake her up.

"Your body burns. Quickly, get up. I will send you to hospital."

Clarisse slowly got up. She had heard Sandra's waking her, but she was just too weak to response. In the next minute, she realized it was Monday. There was shareholders' meeting.

"No, I need to go to the company today"

"I will call to tell them that you take a leave"

"There is shareholders' meeting", she said weakly.

"You are handing your resignation letter after all"

"I am okay. Please help me to prepare my things."

"Key..."

"I will go to the hospital after the meeting, don't worry. I can"

Sandra didn't force her anymore, but she insisted to drive her to the company. She reminded her to go to the hospital after the meeting when they arrived.

"Okay, I got it. I will call you later. Bye."

She then went to the HRD Department first and handed her resignation letter before she went to her office to bring the things for presentation.

"Are you sure, Ms. Clarisse?"

She nodded.

"You need to pay two hundred millions for the compensation fee."

She nodded.

She couldn't stand working there anymore. She couldn't tolerate Stella any longer. She couldn't...couldn't see him with his fiancee.

Her train of thoughts was disturbed by her subordinates calling.

"Ms.. you don't look well"

"Am I?"

"Don't fake. Your make-up can't disguise your bad health."

They knew her too well.

"Can you do the presentation ?"

"I will do the presentation first, so I will be fine"