Chapter 54

Due to the emergency situation in the company, KnD, Kevin had to solve the matter himself. Kevin who had the largest share of KnD which he had established together with Darwis after they graduated had passed the CEO position to Darwis when he decided to go back to J city to get closer to Clarisse. This time, he came to New York as soon as he received the call from Darwis a week ago. KnD was a technology company which produced smarthouse technology. They would launch the newest product next month, but suddenly there were several investors withdrew their investations which caused a big trouble in the company.

Kevin thought that he would be able to solve the problem in several days, but he underestimated the problem they faced. Therefore, he could only send his private jet to pick Clarisse up as he had promised her to meet in a week.

He thought of having her relaxed for a few days in New York while he was working as he knew Clarisse had never taken a leave for the three consecutive years she had been working in the company, but hearing that she felt bored on her first day, Kevin couldn't help but forced himself to finish his work as soon as possible and accompanied her. Thus, for these three days he went to work around 6 a.m and went home around 2 a.m just to check on Clarisse. Who knew on the third day he would get a phone call from Clarisse?

"Hello"

"Are you busy?"

"Erm..not really", he answered her softly in the middle of meeting.

For her, he was never busy.

Everyone who was in the room felt like they were dreaming to see the man who was always cold and overbearing stopped the meeting for only a call and he spoke so softly, moreover they could even see his lips curved upwards. Such a bizarre incident.

"Why?", Kevin asked another question when he felt the woman on the other side hesitated to say something.

"Erm.. will you come back home late tonight?"

"Perhaps"

"Then, could you wake me up when you come back or when you go to work tomorrow?"

"Hmm?"

"I haven't seen you for several days"

Kevin always came back home late and went to work early in the morning. He would prepare breakfast and left a note for her, yet Clarisse hadn't seen him since her first day coming.

If Kevin was asked how he felt, he could only say that he would like to run home as soon as possible and hugged his woman tightly.

"Hmm..okay.. I will"

"Okay..bye"

As soon as the phone call ended, Kevin changed into his usual self. The people in the meeting room was astonished by how fast he could change into two different self within second. Darwis who was also in the room could help but sighed. Two-faced man. How could he become a hello kitty only to sister-in-law? Unfair!