Chapter 24

New York, USA

Kevin went to New York for a week as there were some issues that he needed to handle in his own company. He worked day and night, barely had enough rest, as he only had a goal which was coming back to his little girl as soon as possible.

During his time in New York, he kept on calling her though never been picked up. He also texted her every day, but he got no replies.

Fortunately, he had put some men in shadow to ensure her safety. For the whole week, they sent him her photos and reported her activities every single day or else he wouldn't be able to sit there calmly now.

" We will head back tomorrow at 8 a.m.", Louis reported.

" After the meeting ", Kevin ordered without getting his eyes off from the documents that he had been reading.

" You have rushed the two-week work to a week. Rest for a day", Louis adviced.

Kevin lifted up his head and his eagle eyes stared sharply toward Louis. He felt like his whole body was drilled.  I'm doomed. Ms Clarisse, please save me.

" Alright, I'll prepare "

Meanwhile in J city, Clarisse who had just had her dinner sat solemnly looking at her phone. She had been reading the texts that Kevin had sent for the past few days. She didn't know how many times she had re-read the texts. However, she didn't have the courage to reply but also didn't bear to delete them.

[ I'm going to New York for two weeks. Take care of yourself ]

[ I've arrived. Have you eaten ? ]

[ Don't stay too late. Quickly sleep. Good night ]

[ Good Morning, did you sleep well? ]

[ Don't forget to eat your lunch ]

[ Are you busy ? Don't tire yourself ]

[ Can't you pick up your phone ? I want to hear your voice ]

[ At least reply me so that I know you are fine ]

[ I miss you ]

The last text made her cried. What should I do ? What should I do ? She cried to sleep.

The next day, she was awaken by the alarm. She sluggishly dragged herself to take a shower. Her eyes were puffy as the evidence of her crying all night. She covered them with make up.

In the office, everyone was a little confuse to see the soul less Clarisse. She kept herself busy, but she had her lunch on time. It had been a week that no matter how busy she was, she would have her lunch on time. He told me to take care of my self and eat on time.

Nobody knew what changed her. It was good to see her take care of herself well, but what about her soul less attitude ? Everyone was very worried, especially Kaylee.

In her office, Kaylee called Louis to ask if he knew anything about Kevin and Clarisse. She clearly just heard from Mandy that both Kevin and Clarisse went to church together the week before. She thought that their relationship had improved, but why so sudden ?

" Big boss also doesn't look good. He has kept on looking on his phone. He also keeps on working day and night. He treats himself like a robot."

"Okay, I got it"

She was about to go to Clarisse's office when someone knocked the door.

"Come in"

The head of the HRD department came into her room. She frowned. Why does she come ?

"Ms Kaylee"

"What the matter ?"

"Our subsidiary in B city was in need of personils, thus we open recruitment for whoever that willing."

"And ?"

"Ms Clarisse is one of them, should I accept ?"

"Don't you dare"

Kaylee voice was so firm that frightened the Head of HRD department. Thankfully that I didn't accept her before asking. Thank God for your blessing.

"You may go out", Kaylee permitted.

She didn't wait any longer and called Kevin as soon as possible. She told him what had happened. However, there was no reaction from the opposite.

"Then, what do you plan?", Kaylee asked directly.

"Aren't you busy with your wedding preparation?"

"Huh?", Kaylee was speechless with his out of topic question.

"After your wedding, the Singapore branch will be independent in the finance. I can't think of anyone that I can trust with the Director of Finance title. After all, we are family."