Chapter 31

Clarisse was still in the white cotton bed sheet while trying to get up as she was awaken by the hustle bustle sound on the first floor. She made the bed before she went down. Looking at the handsome man wearing homey shirt and pants while cooking froze her to an ice block. Big boss is really hot.

Kevin who just realized that his little angel had been standing with no slippers, he again lifted her up and set her on the kitchen counter. Clarisse pouted "I have my legs, why do you keep on lifting me up?",she sounded so injusticely, like a little girl who had just lost her candy, that made Kevin chuckled before he reasoned "The floor is cold"

"Huh?"

"You don't wear slippers"

"Oh"

Then, isn't it better if you bring the slippers over than lift me up ? Clarisse thought herself, but didn't voice her thought as she actually knew what kind of answer that he might give.

They suddenly fell into silence that seemed so awkward. There was no other sound except the cutting sound.

"Why are you cooking?" Clarisse said to break the awkward moment.

"Beef steak"

"Woah...I thought you can only cook aglio olio"

"Too underestimating"

"No no no, I don't mean so. It's just too unexpected."

"My dream is to be a chef"

"Really?"

"Why?"

"Too unexpected. You look like someone who dreams to be the king of the business world."

Kevin chuckled listening to her assumptions.

"Then.. did you learn to cook?"

"No"

"Self-learn?"

He nodded.

"You are truly a genius."

"Huh?"

"Your aglio olio is the best that I've ever eaten. I'm honoured to ever taste your dish."

"Tell me whenever you want, I'll cook for you"

"Really? How about everyday ? So I can save up my money" Clarisse laughed at her own jokes.

"Sure"

"No no, I'm just joking. I don't have the guts to hire you as my chef yet"

"But, is there anything that you can't do? It seems like you can do everything."

Kevin stopped whatever he did and walked toward her who was sitting on the counter. Clarisse was stunned when she realized that her lips was seized. She literally froze. Kevin took her arms and set them circling his neck while he bit her lips to devour her sweetness.

Clarisse's eyes were watery and her mind was empty. Kevin didn't let her go until she had difficulty to breathe. He could see her face flushed which made him want to have her even more. He then kissed her forehead before lifting her to the dining table and set her down. "I can't help not to love you." He whispered into her ear before he walked back to the kitchen and finished his unfinished plating.

Clarisse felt like her heart jumping faster than ever. What is that? Did I dream ?