2 | He Loves Me Not

Iris drove off in her direction, bidding her fair share of goodbyes before exiting from the vacant parking lot and headed home. I yawn, eyes slightly droopy as I made my way over to my car — before being pulled back by a strong hand.

The sudden jolt cause me to wake up; as if a kiss with death has occurred, my back slapped into a chest and I look up, green eyes were backwards as they stare at me with a teasing smile. "Wow, Francena, no goodbye?"

"I forgot!" I shrieked, a tired smile played on my lips. Graham chuckles, releasing his hold on me as he twirls me around, steadying me as he drops both hands on my shoulders. The smile still holds, my head slightly tilted to the side, "goodnight, Graham."

"There it is," as Graham leans forward before planting a phantom kiss on my forehead; his lips barely touch my skin, "goodnight, Francena."

"You're so annoying, you know that?"

His eyes twinkles, "yeah, but you love me anyways."

"Someone bring me coffee right now, because I'm about to die," I complained, the throbbing headache bulks against my skull, like a gunshot every five seconds. I felt like a concert is playing in there, and the first song is dedicated to my misery.

"Stop being dramatic," Iris rolls her eyes, turning off her phone to look at me, "that's my job."

I would shot back a smart-mouth comeback, but my head hurts too much for this. I close my eyes, two fingers pressing down on my templets as I attempt to cool down the throbbing beats. God, I can't handle this.

Arms wrap around my frame, and the familiar warmth provided allowed me to know it was none other than my best friend. My eyes peak open, seeing slight dangles of chestnut locks fall into my view, "good morning to my two favourite girls; Francena and..." Graham looks over to Iris, a forged puzzled expression on his face, "sorry, who are you?"

Iris rolls her eyes at Graham's lucid comment, as he presents himself as the jokester in the group. Graham laughs, a low chuckle bottled his throat, as he reaches over, his long arms running a hand to dishevel Iris' dark curls. "I'm kidding, Rose, I know perfectly well who you are."

Iris shoves his hand away, backing herself up a step, "you better, Rivera. I'm the one who's been keeping you afloat for the past couple years of high school," she warns, a joking tone spread across his speech.

"I know, and I'm forever grateful, Miss Bhatt," Graham teases, "can I come over tonight? I have some Calc."

"Yeah, six?"

He nods, his chin brushes slightly against my head. I close my eyes once more, leaning into my best friend dependently. "What's wrong with her?" I knew he was referring to me, but I was too exhausted to reply.

"Her brother made her chug a gallon of milk as an apology," Iris explains, "you know the whole thing with his friends? Yeah, her brother said in order for her to be fully forgiven, she needed to chug a gallon of milk for sincerity."

"And now...?"

"She has a throbbing headache of a million period cramps," I finished, referring to myself in third person. Graham chuckles removing his arms around my body as the warmth disappears. I straighten myself up, opening my eyes as the sound of unzipping was heard from behind me. I turn around, seeing Graham digging into his bag.

"What are you doing?"

He doesn't reply, his hand rummaging into the backpack before he stops, clearly finding the item he was searching for and pulling out a small bottle aspirin in his hand. He uncaps the top, sprinkling out two pills and handing it out for me. "Here," he declares as I warily take them from his hand. I look at him, finding the story behind carrying aspirin a bit more dire than my headache. "The team always parties hard, and sometimes I drink on school days. I keep these just in case." He saw my look of curiosity. I nod, throwing the two pills into my mouth before dry-swallowing — not having a water source near me.