84 | He Loves Me Not

Julian was diagnosed with mild to moderate depression.

Due to his toxic relationship with Tasha, the relationship also caused his depression, his insomnia and the intrusive thoughts in his head that is still there.

He's been getting better; having a routine to go to the therapist office two times a week, and having a schedule to help his intrusive thoughts disappear so he would be able to have sleep.

That's where I would come in most of the time.

Talking to him; just staying up late till he falls asleep.

"Rei!" Kenji shouts from downstairs as I stopped admiring myself in front of the mirror. I snapped out of my thoughts, giving myself one last glimpse of admiration before heading downstairs. My light pink off the shoulder dress with a high slit is packed underneath the royal blue gown.

"Rei!" Kenji calls again, and this time, I take my exit out of the bathroom. I grab my phone off of my bed, and seeing the texts from Julian. He told me that he was going to wait for me at school grounds, wanting us to go into graduation together.

God, graduation.

I'm graduating.

I took careful steps downstairs, afraid that my nude high heels will slipped. I notice that my grandma had exited out of the kitchen, my father settled his eyes on my figure and my brother at the end of the staircases waiting for me.

I reached the end of the staircases as my brother leans off of the rails, tackling me into a hug. "You're graduating!" He announces and I nod, smiling.

"I know right?" I joked, as my brother pulls back. His eyes already watering with tears as he gives me a look up and down.

"Two more months," he whispers quietly to himself and I frown, knowing immediately what he was referring to. I ruffled up his hair, and I returned back with a soft smile.

"FaceTime, texting and whoever social media has came up with that allows us to connect, alright?" I reminded, and he nods, wiping the tears from his eyes. I turn away from my brother to my father, who is tearing up as well.

"My daughter is finally growing up," he announces, walking closer to close in a hug. His large frame wraps his arms around me, settling his chin on my head. I laugh, wrapping my arms back around my father as I nod.

"Eighteen and legal."

"Still a child to me,"

"I'm always going to be a child to you,"

My father pulls me away and bops me on the nose, "always."

I turn over to my grandma who is beaming proudly at me; I knew she's still seeing this little girl that she helped raised into a proud woman. At least, I hope that's what she's seeing.

I pull my grandma into a hug, and her petite arms wrapped itself around me. She was shorter, especially with my heels.

"Watashi wa anata no hokori ni omotte imasu [I'm proud of you,]" my grandma tells and I smile at her words.

"Arigatō, [Thank you,]"

She pulls apart, eyes finding mine, "Soshite, anata ga kono subarashī josei ni seichōshita to iu riyū dakede wa arimasen. Anata wa ai o mitsuke, soshite anata wa shiawase, soshite tokuni anata no shiawase o mitsukemashita. Sō sō to shite motto yōkyū suru koto wa dekimasendeshita. [and not just because you've grown into this amazing woman. But because you've found love, and you found happiness and especially your happiness. I couldn't have asked for more as a sobo.]"