40 | He Loves Me Not

thank you to -swoon for voting! i appreciate it so much!

"Maybe we should try doing the sign up sheet again?"

It was already hard trying to decode Miss Incomplete with the use of her cryptic messages called hints. Now, when I know for a fact that Miss Incomplete's copycat is using me as a part of her ploy of exposure, I figured out the hints more easily. Paris, Francena. France. The J Cole song — my favourite artist. They didn't make sense in the beginning because we were searching for someone else — someone we planned on having no connections with. A blur. Now, with all sense of direction pointed towards me, the clues are picked up easily.

The most we could do is handwriting, but even then, that backfired on us.

"If you think Miss Incomplete wrote in Erin's name, what makes you think that she won't do it again?" I remind, and Julian merely let out a heavy sigh. I get it, we're stuck and still back to square one: no clue on who Miss Incomplete is.

Julian rans a hand through his hair, "I don't understand why we don't use the hints? They're right there."

I might've told Julian that the hints are more useless than before — with their riddle-like phrases to basically exploiting me — and told him that hints are no use. We had to find our obstacles around it, and force ourselves to think beyond the given box.

"They're bullshit," I said, a bit too sudden; Julian looks at me with confused eyes when I continued on my explanation, "I mean, think of it. The riddles are completely idiotic and more so, if Miss Incomplete can fake up a signature for Erin, what makes you think it's not the same?"

"But why waste putting on hints when you're not going to get it?"

Because the hints don't lead to her, it leads to me.

I pick up the nearest note, and examine it.