50 | He Loves Me Not

I wanna take this chapter to thank brmangundah for commenting your thoughts on my chapters, like I said, I love reading comments bc it means you took the time out of reading to tell me your thoughts

I wanna take this chapter to thank brmangundah for commenting your thoughts on my chapters, like I said, I love reading comments bc it means you took the time out of reading to tell me your thoughts. that's always my favourite.

"W-what are you doing here?"

His voice slightly startled and his tone showing signs of nervous and confusion. His eyes were moving side to side; guilty clearly presented in his posture and expression. Kenji's right, reading body language is kinda fun.

I pulled out the crumbled up note with my other hand, straighten out as I clearly show it to him, "or should I say, True Friend," I said to him, and his eyes widen as his blue eyes appeared to glow brighter. "I'm thinking we need to talk."

It took him a moment to gather himself, and as he does, he practically shove me back and bang his back against the front door; he shakes his head, "no, we don't. It's not me."

"You know, Julian said the same thing, except, it was more convincing."

"Francena, get the fuck out of my house or I'm calling the cops on you."

"Oh, some language for a Christian boy, huh?" I tilt my head to the side slightly, "let me in now, or I'll just tell Julian that you have a major crush on him, and I'm taking it that he doesn't know." I said, my voice boasting in confidence as I don't show any weakness to my bluff. I know, I'm blackmailing, but he started it, and as childish as it seems, when you start something, finish it.

Nick's eyes widen, and he slouches back, dropping his defence, "w-what did you just say?"

"You heard me, jackass. You want me to repeat it here? Louder? In your Christian community? Or do you want to talk in private, alone?"

Wordless, Nick turns back to his front door and makes the final turn on his doorknob, allowing the door to creak open. He moves aside, granting me entry as I set back my foot inside the household.

The familay built of the curved staircases lead to the same pattern, Nick begins to go upstairs and I followed him in suit, reminded me of the time I was in his house for a meeting.