4 | He Loves Me Not

If anyone is from the story; Oh, Brother, comment the name of Damien's original name

"Francena

"Francena."

A hand on my shoulders sending me to jerk back in surprise. My eyes found the source of the hand, seeing Graham's concern look plastered on his features while Iris shed a confused one.

"Huh?" I shifted between my two best friends, shaking my head slightly to bring myself back to focus on the current. On the now. "What were we talking about again? Iris' job right?"

"No," Iris answers with a shake of her head, "we were talking about the upcoming Calculus test." Her brows furrowed together and eye me suspiciously, "are you okay?"

"Huh? Oh, oh yeah!" My voice coming out more high-pitched than I intended; playing with the chain of my necklace Kenji gave me, "I was just lost in thought, you know? There's always something up there." I tap my skull with my pointer finger, demonstrating my explanation.

Graham lightly chuckles, his hand slipping from my shoulder and home to his side. He turns to me, "what were you thinking about? Porn?"

I slap Graham's chest with the back of my palm, "No!"

I was just thinking about the fact that Julian is receiving love letters and I can't help but feel it relates back to me.

"Then what? If not sexual activities you would like to try in bed?"

"How to murder best friends during their sleep," shooting him a look, a heavy sigh exit my lips. "It's nothing," I assured, shaking off the wondering eyes of his, "just swim."

Iris took my answer contently, and nods. A boy taps her on the shoulder, forcing her to spin around before digging into a conversation about their project.

Graham on the other hand, doesn't seem too impressed with my lie. Maybe it was because we knew each other too well; life slapped with similar problems and issues, we found ourselves able to read each other the best. And as much as I would like to tell my two best friends what I was thinking, I couldn't. Not until I got full confirmation with everything going on. Or else, ten seconds into explanation and they might think I still have a crush on Julian.