17 | He Loves Me

He hasn't replied.

God, he hasn't replied and it's been like what? A week now? Oh my god, I regret sending that text so much right now. He didn't like it, and I crossed a line I cannot come back from. Someone come kill me now.

I slap myself straight, come on Francena, don't focus on him right now. You have a literal swim meet in an hour and you're focused on a simple text to a boy? Really? Really?

I'm right; I shouldn't be focused on a boy. I have an important swim meet next where I'm supposed to be doing four heats, two of which doing the strokes I despise most — fly. However, my coach said I have a lot of potential in that stroke and wants me to test out my time during the event.

I sigh, giving myself a small slap on the cheek to keep myself awake as I throw my phone over on my mattress. I head over to my closet, switching into some easy clothes; shorts, a bra, loose shirts and some slides I would pick up at the front door. I didn't want to overdressed; getting into tight dry clothes are a nightmare after swim.

I put all my things into my Adidas duffle bag and stuffed all the needed necessities before receiving a text on my cell phone.

I almost dropped everything after hearing the ping on my phone, and jumped over to my bed in a quick dash to pick up my cellular device. To conclude, and much of my disappointment, it was Graham's name popping up on the black screen instead of Julian.

INSTA-GRAHAM 📱
4:59AM

Graham:
Ready? I'm outside.
Read at 4:59AM

Of course you are, you freakishly punctuated freak.

I texted back my reply and drop my phone back onto the bed and went over to my duffle bag to finish the rest of the stuffing before heading downstairs.

I grab my phone off the bed and stuff it into the side of the duffle bag, beginning to head downstairs to be greeted with my dad holding a cup of coffee in his hands. He takes a sip, "good luck, Reileen," I stopped at the second to last step on the stair and my dad gives me my lucky swim meet kiss on the forehead. I nod, smiling at my father as I bid him a goodbye. Not to mention, I did the same for my grandma since she's been awake since four am.

I exit out of the house, seeing the sky still sleeping. The dozing grey colour that tainted nature made the absolute love for sleep to overpower my body. However, I march over to the black BMW parked in the street of my neighbourhood. Graham honks the horn, forgetting to think about the neighbours that are still asleep.

I flipped him off, as I see him roll down the window in laughter. I walk towards the car, cutting through my perfectly cut grass and getting into the passenger's seat. I slam the door close loudly for the dramatic effect.

"You're an asshole," I declare as Graham's laughter continue to fill the air like music.

"Hey, you got to have some happy moments for waking up at 4am in the morning," he shrugs, gripping the gear lever and pull to drive.

"That was the most idiotic thing you've done this week!" I hear a muffled shout from behind, twisting to spot Iris laid across the red leather seats with a pillow tucked over her head in frustration. "I cannot believe I haven't killed you yet!"

"Iris?" I called out, surprised by the Indian's girl appearance. "I thought you said you weren't coming."

Iris removes the pillow off her head, revealing frizz of curly dark roots everywhere, "I wasn't. But this barnacle brain decided to honk his fudging horn in the front of my house for three minutes straight just before throwing rocks at my window."