7 | He Loves Me

You're going to be seeing Francena change Julian's contact name countless times throughout the story—sometimes it the next time it's mentioned; it doesn't not mean I forgot what I written wrote for Julian's name but instead, shows how Francena cha...

You're going to be seeing Francena change Julian's contact name countless times throughout the story—sometimes it the next time it's mentioned; it doesn't not mean I forgot what I written wrote for Julian's name but instead, shows how Francena changes the name due to circumstances and appeal.

Kenji takes the empty seat beside me on the couch, placing a bowl of potato chips in between our squished thighs. His eyes scanned on the TV screen, as the iconic logo of Mortal Kombat appears in pixels.

"I'mma beat your ass," Kenji declares cockily, causing me to roll my eyes. "I've been playing this shit since the beginning of my elementary days—I'm a pro."

"But who showed you the game, hmm?" I challenged, my eyes slapped on his appearance as he sports on basketball shorts and a white tee, "Who showed you how to play it?"

Kenji rolled his eyes, knowing the answer was right in front of him. He plops a potato chip between his teeth, and pick up the PS4 controller. His eyes focus on the screen, forgetting my little comment, "whatever."

We log into the game station, and click onto our characters. While I pick Scorpion — him being one of my favourites — Kenji decided on Liu Kang.

"You picked one of the most basic characters," I declare as we pick on our background and continue onto start, "typical."

"Said the girl who always picks Scorpion; at least I change my characters once in awhile."

"Scorpion has a great character development—"

"Scorpion has a great character development," Kenji mocked, causing me to shove him by the head, to the side. Of course, in a playful manner. "Hey!"

I chuckle, pulling myself back to the video game as the announcer told us to start, and we begin to push buttons in quick pace. Kenji jabs his elbow into my direction a couple times, blocking my path as he attempts to pull himself to the right direction.

"Come on, come on, come ON!" Kenji shouts to his controller, as he memorised the button placements from heart and his eyes over on the screen. He frantically presses his button—cheering over the fact that he's gaining more hits on me than I intended. "NO!"