Epilogue

This is the official final

This is the official final. I love y'all. ❤️❤️

EPILOGUE | HE LOVES ME

As I look out of the window, staring into the cityscape of my hometown, my mind was caving into a sudden pull of thoughts.

I wonder what Kenji is doing right now.

Is he okay?

Is he safe?

It's been two months since Kenji was taken away from us, and though Julian had pushed me to do my senior year bucket list with my best friends it didn't completely stray away from the reminder that my brother was gone. I still had the ability to enjoy the final months of my high school summer (surprisingly) but I still remembered.

"Francena," Julian's soft voice pulled me away from looking at out of the car window. I turn to my boyfriend, his eyes laid on mine as he slams the driver's door closed behind him. He moves in closer, cupping my cheeks before pressing a delicate kiss on my lips.

It sends butterflies down my stomach, and as his soft lips pressed against mine, I couldn't help but return with much more intensity. Deepening the kiss as I lean in forward. This is the boy I love, the one that's been with me during my hard times and washes away all of my thoughts with a simple kiss.

Julian pulls apart, his eyes locked with mine as he regains reality, "it's going to be okay," he whispers quietly to me. I give him a whimsy nod, before pulling back out and resting my back against the leather seat.

"Have you taken your pills yet?" I ask, tilting my head slightly towards his direction. He nods, sliding the car keys into the ignition.

"Two in the morning." he replied, roaring the Mustang alive. I nod, pleased with the answer as I turn back to look away. "You know we didn't have to leave this early? Class starts in a month."

"I want to touch base with California," I replied, focusing on the trees in front of me. "Plus, living in that house was suffocating. Seeing my dad's face; a, I couldn't stop thinking of Kenji and b, I'm still upset with him."