27 | He Loves Me

The Miss Incomplete meetings became more—and while we focus away from the hints the author seems to give, we became more concern about the reason why Erin out of all people would be sending Julian love letters. Our intention to find a logical conclusion ended in a big ol' fail.

As well, Julian and Erin had a couple more dates.

It was, of course, to use the time to try and find out why. Like an undercover scheme to find the Russian hacker—this was the undercover scheme to find out why Erin Jacobs would be sending notes. Julian declared that he learnt some information on her, and the intention behind the notes doesn't fit. As well with ploy, Julian wants to find if Erin is truly 100% Miss Incomplete.

Graham drove me to school, as Iris parted and gone her own way; my car continue its delayed stay at the auto shop and Graham, self-titled gentleman, offered up a ride.

We exit out of the car and I take out my duffle bag for swim in one hand, and the other carrying my backpack for school.

"Let me take that," Graham takes my swim bag, the heavier of the two, and swings it over his shoulder. His quick reflex manages to snag the item out of my hands before I even uttered the first word of my protest. He declares to hand it back after we enter the school building.

"Okay, give it back," I said, holding out my hand once we entered into the building. Graham shakes his head.

"Did I say when we get into the school? I meant when we get to your locker," he backtracks his words with a chuckle. He moves forward, leaving me behind as he heads towards my locker station. I rolled my eyes.

When we got to my locker, Graham finally hands over the Adidas bag. I shove it into the metal box, before slamming it close with a smile. Graham leans against my neighbour's locker, his arms crossed against his chest, "so, you know there's a new Marvel movie coming out?"

"Ah," I finally came to the conclusion why today out of all days, Graham decided to go the extra hand to become a gentleman. Graham Rivera, the star-athlete is also a geek for comics. He prefers Marvel over Dc but reads both. Being such a geek for such, he's an avid fan who goes to every single one of their movies. "So that's why you're so nice today; let me guess, Iris said no."

"That, and I wanted to be gentleman, couldn't I be?" He huffs, removing himself off the metal box as he comes in front of my view. "It's next week, do you want to go with me?"

"Hmm," I thought about it for a moment. Graham usually pre-orders the ticket beforehand and he always go on opening days. I get my Saturday with my little brother and a day of movie-binging with Graham. "50/50? You pay for tickets, I get the food?"

"Sounds like a solid deal," Graham holds out his hand for me to shake, a gesture towards a business negotiation. I laugh at his stunt, before extending out my hand to do the same — shaking his.

"You got soccer tryouts this week, right?" Graham nods, as he comes by my side and begins to walk. I lightly hit his stomach, "start working out man, you're getting fat."

"Yeah right," Graham lifts his shirt up, revealing his tone abdominal muscles, "does this look like I've put on weight?"

"Sadly, it doesn't," I frown, "girls have to build better physique to get abs. Boys? Three push ups and damn, it appears."

Graham laughs, "a little more than that, but you aren't wrong," he declares. I chuckle at my own comment, and from the corner of my eyes, the appearance of a familiar raven-haired boy in the distance takes shape.

"Julian!" I call out, hoping he hears me. We haven't talked since last week, the week which was our last meet and our last insomnia session. It was odd, considering Julian typically would've texted me thank you the next day or the day after that. He never goes longer for such time.