31 | He Loves Me

9:54PM.

After spending a couple of hours together; we did a decent value of a date. We watched several movies, judged and critic them and had some delivered Chinese food at my doorsteps. The next thing that ended up happening was them talking about soccer teams while I chilled in the background playing my phone.

Ending the day, it was time for goodbyes. Julian turns to my little brother first and bid him goodbye.

"See ya, little dude," Julian bids, giving out a peace sign at the boy. My brother returns the gesture, smiling.

"See ya, Julian," my brother repeats before turning to me, his voice lowered and the sweet expression wiped clean from his face, "don't fuck this up."

I rolled my eyes, opening the door for Julian to exit out of. He turns to me, his eyes soften at my figure before sighing, "can we talk, before I leave?"

I nod, waiting for him to continue when he adds, "in private?"

Understanding Julian didn't want a crowd and my brother didn't seem keen on leaving off of the foyer, I guess the best bet was to exit out of the front door and close the door behind me — allowing us a brief moment in privacy.

The lock clicks, signalling the door closing the gaps. I turn back to Julian, who plays with his hands, "what's up?"

"Um," Julian fumbles, eyes locked on his knuckles, "I wanted to tell you this when I grabbed you in the hall but you didn't seem too keen on my explanation..." He sighs, eyes back up and locked with mine, "Francena. Erin isn't Miss Incomplete."

What?

"Wait, can you repeat that again? Cause I don't think I heard that correctly — Erin isn't Miss Incomplete?" A finger in my ear as I tested out if my hearing was impaired. Luck found — it wasn't — and Julian nods at my statement.

"That's why I was ignoring you those weeks. Erin didn't want to go on dates with me thinking that we," he gestures a finger between us, "were together. She didn't want to go on a date with someone who was taken."

"So, to prove that I wasn't dating you and that we were only just friends, I distanced myself from you those weeks to talk to Erin. I know that's a stupid excuse, but it was the whole reason why I ignored you, the only reason."

I bit my lower lip, I didn't know he was doing this. I continue to frown, the least he could've done was sent a text.

"Why didn't you text me?"

"She took my phone," Julian clarifies, "for the whole two week process. She really didn't want to meddle into someone's relationship and to prove to her that I wasn't into you, she took my phone. I passed."

That's supposed to be great, but why do I feel misery at his words?

"So..." I stir, trying to warp my head around this explanation. This excuse. "How did you find out she wasn't Miss Incomplete?"

He does down to his shirt, playing with the strings of the hoodie. I guess that's something we have in common, "it's not easy to tell you than to show you. I left it at my house."

"Okay." I conclude, he looks up from his fidgeting, "let's go."

"Right now?"

"Why not?" I glance over his shoulder and notice the weather was giving showers. Not enough to cause a major problem on returning, and not so much rain that would cause flooding to the road. I turn back to Julian. "Lets see the proof. It only strengthens your argument, and not to mention, I really want to know."