83 | He Loves Me

"It's going to be okay, Julian."

I held onto Julian's hand, as he stares at the building ahead. His hand on my lap as the other hesitantly on the car door handle. We've been in the parking lot for almost twenty minutes, and as much as I wanted to push him through the door and shove him into the therapist's room, I couldn't.

He has to take his time.

"Francena," he turns back to me, his eyes filled with panicked, "what if they told me I'm fucked up? Like in no way could be fixed?"

"Not possible," I replied, and he frowns.

"The last time—"

"I know, Julian," I cut him off, a reassuring smile on my lips. "Tasha and you went to couple counselling; you both explained and the counsellor suggests you guys weren't good for each other. Tasha made a fit, and she called the therapist a liar and told you the same thing." I give him his own shorten version of the story.

"Therapists aren't like that. I can promise you. They're here to help you, and are willing to help you if you listen." I assure, and he lets out a deep exhale. "Plus, I'm not telling you shit if you don't go in there and make due to your end of the deal."

He gives me a deadpanned look, and I merely shrug. He sighs, inhaling deeply as he pulls away from my hold and opens up the door. A smile begins to form against my lips as he takes a step out—just to pull it back in.

"Jesus Christ, Julian—" I was cut off when Julian gives a peck against my lips. He pulls right back out, and exits out of his car. The window rolled down and a goofy smile on his lips. I gave him a pointed look.

"That was meant to be after you go to your therapy session."

"Early present," he shrugs nonchalantly. He turns right back around and begins to walk towards the therapist's building.

After almost two hours, Julian returns back to the car. I had already fell asleep, leaning against his leather seats as I crossed my arms against my chest. Julian knocked on the window next to me, scaring me awake.

"You have the keys, dumbass," I declared, as Julian pointed to the unlock button on my side. I pressed on it, as Julian walks around to his driver's door and gets in.

"I know," he smiles at me, "it was more fun to make you do it."

"Y'know, just for that, I'm not going to give you a kiss anymore," I return to crossing my arms against my chest as I look away from Julian. I stare out the window, despite nothing pleasant to hold my attention.

"Oh, come on, babe," Julian said, saying the words that would turn me into mush. I still didn't budge, and I felt Julian cups his hand under my chin before bringing my lips to his.

And holy fucking hell, I melt.

His lips burn against mine, and the familiar feeling of butterflies fluttered in my stomach. I'm probably never going to get use to it; him, holding me as he begins to pull closer. My hand found its way to his hair, holding onto the short strands as the butterflies begin to spread—touching base with every single limb in my body.

Definitely never going to get use to this.

It was sweet, and he tastes faintly of peppermint. It was short, as I pull apart to take a breath of air. Julian's eyes still locked on mine as he releases a goofy smile, his lips slightly swollen.

I touch my own, finding my full lips even more swollen. I shook my head, not knowing how to explain this to my father once I get home.

"I love you," he said confidently, his eyes burning passionately at me. Not letting go of his hold.

"I love you too," I return back, sweetly. I think this was the first time I voiced my emotions out loud for him. I remember telling Gabriel, Iris, Kenji, Graham and even Jaycee but I never gotten the chance to tell Julian himself. Never, until now.

He brought onto himself the brightest smile as he leans over once more, and instead of planting a kiss on my lips, he plants it on my nose. I giggle, pulling back as Julian got the car started and out of the parking lot.

Almost lost in my moment, I'm reminded.

"How was the session?" I ask, playing with my necklace. I didn't know why I was nervous, hell, I'm pretty sure I'm not nervous, but it's just a habit I'm stuck with.

"Good, actually," he said, "the doctor was really nice, and she made me feel really welcome. She told me that I needed to come back another day to fully diagnose me."

"That's good," I straighten myself as I lean my back against the leather seat. "I knew it would be good for you. This is good for you."

He nods, agreeing wordlessly as he takes another left. A hand dropped from the steering wheel as he drives one-hand, and the other crawls over to grab a hold of my fidgeting hand.

I didn't say anything to it, loving the fact that he's holding my hand. Loving the fact that we're going good. Loving the fact that I'm here with him, and absolutely loving the fact that Julian is finally getting the help he needs and deserves.

"Julian?" I queried, to which he hums in reply. "Yes."

His brows furrowed as his eyes locked on the road ahead, "yes what?"

"Yes, as in yes, I'll be your girlfriend."