77 | He Loves Me

"Three Haven!"

I groan, seeing my brother up on his feet as the day rises. I was lying in bed, still sleepy and tired from last night hours binged. Netflix has been coming out with some really good TV shows and movies lately, and being me, I couldn't help but click the play button in red. It turned out to be a rude mistake.

"Ji, it's eight am!"

"So?"

"I went to sleep at three am last night," I replied, grabbing the pillow besides me as I throw it over my head, muffling out all of the sounds and lights directed in my room.

The pillow slipped from underneath my fingertips and in return, I hear Kenji's annoyed voice. "It's Saturday! You know what that means?"

"Sleep," I replied instantly, grabbing the closet material in grasp. It was my blanket, and as I was about to drop a cocoon on my head, Kenji slips his hands in the fabric and yanked it away—causing my entire body to be subjected to the cool air in my bedroom.

"Rei!"

"Kenji!"

Kenji just stares at me, blinking as I mimicked his voice. I gave him a challenged look and he scratch his forehead, "you're a twelve year old in a girl's body."

"You're a twelve year old in a girl's body," I mocked causing my brow to cock a brow in my direction. I sigh, "oh shut up, Kenji, stop acting like you're the mature one in this relationship — you were watching Dora the Explorer the other day."

"I had Spanish class!" He defends, both arms out in defence. I shrug, rolling my eyes as I reach out for my blanket and Kenji pulls back. "Rei, come on, I wanna go to Three Haven."

"What's the weather?"

"Warm."

"What did sobo say—"

"She doesn't care on our days."

"Dad—"

"Rei."

I sigh, finding myself in no position to decline. I got up from my bed, my heel touching the cool floor as I turn to my brother who eyed my movement carefully. I sigh, walking over to the closet as I picked out an outfit for the day.

We spent about a couple of morning hours at Three Haven; Kenji continuously tries to make different flips and tricks for jumping off of the cliff, we swam under the waterfall and found that there was a small underground untouched but dark. We couldn't see much within it, without the necessarily to lighten up the place, so we made a promise to come back one day and explore.

After reaching the cliff point once more, Kenji grew hungry from the hours of swimming and sipping on little breakfast this morning.

"Come on," I gesture to my brother, throwing a towel in his direction as he begins to find his clothes in his bag. We switched out into dry clothes, right there, before finding our way back to the car.

"Let me drive,"

"Kenji..."

"Come on, Rei," he said, pouting as he holds both his hands together. "I've been practising online even more—I'm even better than before."

"We're going to get in trouble,"

"We're only in trouble if we get caught," he said, slipping his fingers around the keys in my palm. I sigh, just as he was entering into the car.

"That's how we get caught," I announce quietly, pointing to my brother but my efforts were fruitless as he shuts the door behind him. I groan, getting into the secondary seat as I buckled up. I turn to my brother, "do you even know where to go?"