65 | He Loves Me

The figure of Tasha Larson appears before me.

She is, after four years, as beautiful as ever. Her hair has grown down to her shoulders in curly strands. Her big brown eyes light up once she's greeted with Julian and her full lips pulled into a curve. She wore no makeup on her perfect skin, yet still managing to look as if she's done her beauty for the day.

My lips parted as I stare at her; she walks around me and goes in front of Julian. Next to Julian, she looks incredibly short. Her height matched a little bit above Julian's shoulders. She pulls him quick, placing her hand behind his neck as she leans forward and pull him into a kiss.

And he allows her.

Almost like I was intruding in a moment; Julian kisses back passionately with the girl, eyes locked close as he does so. She pulls him down closer, and smiling her teeth against his lips before pulling apart—leaving me and him in a complete daze.

"God, Julian, I've missed you so much," Tasha whispers, just high enough for me to hear. "You don't know how much I've missed our kisses—god, I miss them."

He doesn't say anything, his eyes found her and looked at her like she was the only one in the room. He didn't smile, he didn't laugh; his face impassive. "What–what are you doing here?"

Tasha pulls back and smiles, "I've missed you." She whispers again, "and my parents let me have the last couple months of my senior year here. I've just finished transferring all of my transcripts over and my classes."

"That's–that's good," Julian nods, eyes not removing off of hers. "You're here."

"I know!" She exclaims, looking at the school building before her, "isn't it amazing? I was thinking about coming back sooner but I didn't until recently."

"How come?"

Tasha does say anything, and begins to look beyond Julian as she takes in the school. It was the same as before; the same before she left, and the same after she leaves. Her feet tangling as she does a full three-sixty, only to stop when her eyes landed on mine.

"Oops!" She said, her lips pulling into a friendly smile, "sorry, I didn't notice you there. I almost forgot Julian was talking to someone." Now, with her attention on me, Julian's eyes followed. I didn't want to look in them, not right now.

I held out my hand, "Francena Nakamura." I said, sweetly, ignoring the pang of pain shooting through my stomach as just the looks of this girl. Her face is proportionate, with big eyes, thick defined brows and high cheekbones. Not a pimple in sight, and perfectly full lips. I almost touch my own; feeling self-conscious at the looks of this beautiful girl.

Tasha wraps her arms around Julian's before taking my hand, "Tasha Larson—you know my boyfriend here?"

Boyfriend?

"Um," I clear my throat, nodding before I take in my words. "Yeah. Yeah, we're friends."

"Oh, wow," she said, still smiling. "That's cool. Julian didn't have much girl friends—with the exception of me—back in middle school. It's nice to see that he was expanding his friend group."

I nod, not replying to her comment as I felt Julian's eyes on mine. I look down from Tasha to the ground, repeating the pattern of squared lines wrapped around a rubber concrete with my foot. I counted in my head, trying to calm down my emotions before I felt the need to cry—something that won't stop once I start.

"So," I begin, not looking up to them, "you guys are dating?"

"Yup," Tasha answers swiftly, "since I'm back, it only makes sense to get back together. I mean, we love each other so why not?"