18 | He Loves Me Not

Asians, as a community, typically calls elders in the format like family (despite not being related to one another)

Asians, as a community, typically calls elders in the format like family (despite not being related to one another). Once they've become friendly or good enough, or even their parents' friends, they're respected and called "aunts," "uncles," "grandmas," etc.

It's not a date

It's not a date. It's not a date. Stop freaking out like a little girl thinking it is!

Today finally came the day where Julian and me to go hang out; of course, it will strictly be just hanging out. I know my best friends — especially Graham — will get the words hanging out as a funny suggestion for something more—which it's not!

As I carried myself on my bed, and a notebook in hand, I was getting a strong sense of regret. I sigh, "why did I suggest to hang out when I don't even know what we're going to do?" I hit my head with the notebook tucked between my fingers, and groan. This notebook's usefulness is coming out slow—I barely wrote any ideas on what to do with Julian (in a non-sexual way).

"What are you doing?" Kenji said, as I saw him through the blur of my black hair strands covering my vision. He was hanging out at the doorway of the bathroom. "You look like an idiot."

I sigh, depressively, "I feel like an idiot," I mumble under my breath, dropping the pastel blue notebook on my sheets. I laid back, my back hitting the soft mattress as my arms outstretched in exhaustion. I probably looked like a starfish.

Footsteps approached and at the edge of my bed, the bed sunk in weight. My brother appears in my vision as I slightly raised my head and looked in his direction, "you're not supposed to agree with me."

I didn't reply, dropping my head once more as I study my ceiling. A blank white wall. "Why are you always like this?" My brother leans over to the mattress and picks up the notebook, "Ideas for hanging out: drive-in movie theatre in the city, dinner, go to a museum, bowling—do you need to tell me something, Rei?"

I pick myself up into a sitting position and yank the book from his tiny hands, "no," I defended, "let me think in peace."

"Wait," my brother leans over my shoulders, reading the written information. He backs up, looking at me as his brows scrunched together and his voice filled with disappointment, "did you really added Netflix and Chill?"