74 | He Loves Me Not

I know we haven't touched this topic in a while because of everything that happened—but who do you think is Miss Incomplete's copycat?

"Julian and Francena."

The words exiting out of Ms Bennett's voice stings my ears as I look up from my notebook, finding the pen inside of my hand slipped. My eyes found Ms Bennett, as hers were focused on the clipboard in front of her, and shifted to Julian. He looks between me, before finding himself in front of Tasha who gave Ms Bennett a stink eye.

I gulp; I haven't talked to Julian—like really talk to Julian—since the drunken confession. Even with that, the last time I had contact with Julian was when I texted him to cheer him up in lunch. After his lie, it kinda drew the line of where I stood. I was the girl at the lunch table, the girl in two of his classes, and the girl that was hopelessly in love with him.

I told him we can still be friends but can we really?

"Alright class, get with your partners. Get your papers up at front—you have the class period to complete your exams. Talk quietly." Ms Bennett folds the clipboard under her arm, settling herself back into the desk of hers. She lingers, finding no one inching to move before she claps her hands together. "Get moving!"

Everyone scrambled, heading up to the front to grab their sheets of papers for their partners and them. For the most part, Ms Bennett concluded the partnership between two unknowns. No relationships. Everyone seem to be suspiciously quiet between their partners as they give a look towards their friends' direction every few seconds.

Ms Bennett has collected each and every one of our phones since the beginning of class—a two hour period strikes the clock—and she waited. Exam week is finally here, and with Ms Bennett she took a different route.

Partnership.

A throat cleared besides me as I snapped out of my thoughts. I look up and found Julian's soft brown eyes, staring at me cautiously as his hand landed on the chair next to mine. "Can I–can I sit here?" He asks quietly, his other hand holding two pieces of papers and presumably, the exams.