19 | He Loves Me

"I'm tired, someone catch me,"

I close my eyes as I drifted my arms out and lean back; my two best friends were behind me and I am almost 65% certain that I'm going to get caught—I'm too tired to think of what happens if they don't.

"Nope," I hear Iris' words as footsteps were taken a couple steps to the side. While I fall deeper, a grunt bypassed someone's lips and suddenly my body is stopped from hitting the hard rubber concrete. I opened my sleepy eyes, noticing Graham's face.

"What time did you sleep last night?" Graham queries, pushing me up straight and forcing me back into the standing position I was in mere moments ago. I groaned, whining.

"I was with you on FaceTime, we went to sleep at four, remember?"

"Oh, yeah," Graham comes back into a sudden realisation.

"That's why you're so tired, Francena," Iris declares, taking a glance at her unpolished nails that I found fascinated because a day where Iris did not have her nails done were the days I've never seen in so long. "Why did you went to bed at four am in the morning?"

"We," I jab a finger between Graham and me, "were doing homework because we didn't know we had homework due over the holidays. It was online. I found out about it last night."

"I finished that when we got out of school," Iris rolled her eyes, "maybe y'all need to start paying more attention in classes."

"Oh, shut it Iris, you have a bedtime at nine," I rebuttal, agitated by her words.

"Well, that bedtime gave sleep, didn't it?" Iris replied, her eyes sharp on me, waiting for me to make a comeback. While I couldn't find one between my lips, she scoffs, "that's what I thought."

"Sorry," I apologises, "I'm acting like a dick. Sorry."

"It's okay," Iris hooks her arm around my waist, since she's closer to there than my shoulders, "just don't do it again." She spoke sweetly, despite our slightly argument and she turns over to Graham, jabbing an accusing finger in his direction, "and you. I've been tutoring you for this long, have you learnt nothing from it?! I told you to always check our online things before checking yourself out for break. You complete buffoon!"

"How the hell did Francena get a sweet it's okay, but I get another lecture?!"

"Because Francena doesn't tutor under me, you dull pencil. You do!" Iris unhooks her arm around my waist and goes closer to Graham. "I swear to god, if you fail your next test, I'm going to beat you with a textbook."

The bell rings and signals for us to split before heading to the next class. I begin to walk towards my class as I hear Graham stopping Iris from continuing her lectures and saying he needs to do something important first. Footsteps dragged over to where I walked and Graham hooked his arm around my shoulder, "hey, Francena, I know an activity that would wake you up one hundred percent."

I groan, shoving his arm off my shoulders, "is that what was so important you had to split from Iris to do?"

"Yup. Been holding it in since this morning, love ya," he gives a peck on my cheeks before breaking off and heading back into Iris' direction. I stopped moving, hearing Iris yelling at Graham at his definition of importance. I chuckle, shaking my head as I took my objective and move towards Mr Patterson's classroom.

However my mood is, it always get worsen once entering Mr Patterson's daily classes. I didn't like dealing with the man's obvious favourism towards the boy student body. Though, I wouldn't necessarily say he's sexist, but he's sexist. With the lack of sleep contained last night, and my lack of ability to hold my tongue shut, I don't think today's going to be a good day.