68 | He Loves Me Not

brmangundah this is for you

brmangundah this is for you. ❤️.

"Rei, it's time for dinner

"Rei, it's time for dinner."

"I'm not hungry," I declare, wrapping the blanket around my body as I stare my laptop screen. Some movie I clicked off of Netflix was playing—something to take me out of my thoughts and focus on a created reality where love really exists.

"Rei," Kenji announces again, his hand gripping on the doorknob as he stares at me. "Are you okay?"

I didn't answer, I was tired of answering that question. Instead, I stare the moving pictures in front of me as the girl was being swayed by the popular and good-looking guy. Unrealistic.

My brother didn't say anything, but instead sat at the edge of my bed; his weight sinking into the mattress as the side of me dipped. I turn, my eyes following my brother who wordlessly crossed his legs across my bed, waiting.

I paused the movie, staring at my brother as he returns the glaze. He didn't say anything, and neither did I.

"What do you want?" I ask, shoving the laptop off of my lap and onto the bed. I pull down the blanket thrown over my head.

"Nothing," my brother chirps, his elbow propped against his thigh as he waited. Staring.

"That's really annoying, y'know?" I said, irritated by my brother's lack of words for me. He doesn't respond, and blinks. Staring. "Ji."

My brother doesn't respond, and suddenly I felt concerned for him. I didn't know what was going through that head of his—but based on his previous creativities and knowledge, I was doubting it played in favour. "Stop it, Ji, you're making me worried."

My brother broke his emotionless face into a soft smile, "that's how I feel."

Oh, fuck.

"I walked right into that one, didn't I?" I query, a small smile making its way to my lips as my brother's trick. He nods wordlessly, shifting himself onto the bed with the available space and took my hand into his smaller one.