32 | He Loves Me Not

"Joel! Joel! Don't panic, but Julian is sleeping."

At the sound of the voice, my eyes begin to flutter open. Dazed, I begin to take in the atmosphere as the light ray hits my visions. I scan the room, finding grey walls compared to my white ones, soccer posters compared to family photos and a king-size bed despite my queen.

Where am I— oh.

I twist around, finding Julian sound asleep next to me. His brows relaxed, his features drawn out and rested. His lips slightly parted, and he lets outs a little snore every once in a while. His chest rising, bare, and I notice slightly sweat glistering off of it. Can I just say, he looks freaking adorable?

I laid on my side, facing Julian as he mimicked my same position. His arm wrapped over me, almost like a hug to a teddy bear. I didn't know how we got into this position. The last thing I remembered happening was him grabbing a hold of my hand and pulling me back into the bed. Too tired to refuse, I allowed it.

So how did we became tangle within each other?

Our bodies packed close, as I felt Julian breathing against my skin. Our legs intertwine underneath the white sheets; his other arm tucked under my shoulders, hooked and holding me securely. One of my arm holding him.

I move a bit, shifted myself to stare to the ceiling—finding that Julian had white glow-in-the-dark stars on them.

"She's waking up, she's waking up!" The voice, which I detected to be feminine, wasn't too loud however, it wasn't quiet enough. My eyes weakly found the source looming at the door, leaning against the wall entrance. Two figures, actually.

"Our son is sleeping, can you be any louder?" A rough voice — masculine — returns into the atmosphere. I found the sound familiar, and yawning, I adapted around the sunlight and found the two figures to be none other than Julian's parents.

Shit.

I held out a finger, trying to give myself a second before I go into explaining myself when no words exit my opened lips. Not to mention, with Julian besides me, I didn't want to wake Julian up. I decided that the best way to give his parents the information was to get out of the bed. I begin to slowly untangle our legs, without breaking Julian's sleep, and look down and struggle to find a solution to his grip on my shoulders.

It wasn't tight, but firm enough to stay throughout the night.

I sigh deeply, closing my eyes for a second before beginning to unlatch his fingers off of me one by one. I accomplished till the fourth finger — my index — before Julian mumbles something under his sleep and latch his grip back on me, twisting and bringing me down alongside with him.

"Ompf," I look at our positions now; I now turned towards Julian as our face faces each other. Completely and utterly oblivious to what he was going; his grip now tighter. I stare at his face for a second, seeing his calm and relax features before letting out a smile myself.

At least he's sleeping.

I need to get out still.

I waited a couple of minutes, just to make sure that Julian hasn't awaken from his little movement and decides to attempt another try. I rolled over, hoping he's takes it as another sleeping motion and unlatch from his grip quicker and softer this time. I finally made it to the edge of the bed, sighing as I lift myself up—only to land on the floor in a thump.

Thankfully, I didn't hit my head and instead landed harshly on my butt. I look up, seeing his parents still hovering at the door. Julian's mother had her hands together, appearing delighted with a smile gracing her lips. While Julian's father, looks at me with a mix of confusion and surprise. I open my mouth, about to explain myself when I hear Julian's light snoring.