63 | He Loves Me

6:32AM

I didn't know why I was awake right now; the group was still soundly asleep (with the exception of Graham snoring lightly), and even Iris has not peeked in the morning to leave. I tried to go back to sleep but to no ado; I guess to some point of my body, it explains to me that my time rested is complete and up for the new day.

I've been awake since five.

I look around to see Iris wrapping her arms around a pillow, tucked neatly under her chin as she holds it like a teddy bear. I remove the sheets off my body in an effort to allow Iris her sleep and decided to tip-toe around the room to get dressed. Might as well do something.

I changed into a white tub top with a long bright orange cover-up skirt. It hanged loosely against my hips, but since I might be going for a morning swim, it fits.

I grab a hold of my phone and texted the group that I was going out; before ripping open the door. I turn, seeing Julian leaning against the wall as he stares down at the static carpet designs.

He looks up once the door closed and the lock engaged; and I cock my brow in his direction. "Francena," he let out a breath, almost breathless. He eyes me quickly from head to toe before finding my eyes again. In return, I found the predominant dark bags under his eyes. "Can we talk?"

He straighten up from leaning against the wall and had his hands in his pockets. Almost like he was nervous. "Are you okay?"

It took a second, a moment of hesitation, before he nods. "Y-yeah, yeah. I'm fine. Can we talk though?" He asks and I nod.

"Lead the way."

Julian took me out to the beach, where the sun is still underneath the horizon and the atmosphere calm and silent. No cars passed by and no honks interrupted the moment. Pure bliss of silence.

I've been fidgeting with my necklace for the past five minutes, waiting for Julian to speak. We've since taken our seats on the white sand, right next to each other. Julian held onto his legs, wrapping them around as they stained against his chest. He was staring off again.

"I'm sorry." He said shortly, letting out a heavy breath. I turn to him, brows furrowed.

"For what?"

"I don't know; everything." He shrugs, eyes not meeting mine.

"Julian, you didn't even do anything."

He stayed silence, and I questioned what is going through his head. He didn't do anything wrong; sure, he has been acting differently since the trip but it wasn't something that needed an apology. He has off-days, and so do I. I didn't expect this from him.

"It usually works." He said shortly. "I don't know, it usually works."

I didn't say anything as I found my eyes back to the horizon; the sun slowly rising from the waters as the hot orange tainted the sky and blurred the colours for a minute. An artwork of nature.

"Did you even like me?"

That question caught me off-guard, as I turn to see Julian staring at me. Waiting.

I didn't answer. My eyes found him and his found mine; and he frowns. I was trying to gather my thoughts on how to answer him, especially since I've reveal to myself that no matter what, I still like Julian. That no matter what, I can't be the first one to make the move—it could ruin everything.

"Do you like Gabriel?"

There was a tone in his voice that it sounds almost like he didn't want to know the answer—it pained him just to ask. I decipher another thing from this whole conversation: jealousy.