69 | He Loves Me

also, lunahazel04 a lot of readers probably would've never caught on that a relationship is problematic or toxic, but you did and even though there's more to come to explain everything—I appreciate that

also, lunahazel04 a lot of readers probably would've never caught on that a relationship is problematic or toxic, but you did and even though there's more to come to explain everything—I appreciate that. :)

I slammed the locker closed

Julian appears behind the metal door, causing the shocking reveal of the boy I love. My eyes widen, for the slightest amount before becoming voided. I took a glance around the hallway, expecting the curious eyes of the student body on me when there was absolutely none. I also happened to be searching for the five-foot-girl-with-the-afro-puff.

He was leaning against the locker, playing with the hems of his backpack straps. His eyes searching for mine as I shook my head—not ready to talk. I turn around wordlessly, about to leave the scene when Julian took the hold of my wrist, pulling me back from leaving.

"Francena," his voice desperate, "please."

I yank my wrist from his grip, eyes forward as I didn't budge to look behind me; catching the look in his face. I begin to make another move to leave.

"Rivera called her!" He announces, probably hoping the big reveal on his end. I stopped in my tracks, turning around to see Julian's eyes hopeful for me to listen, hopeful that I might hear him out. He gave me something I didn't know, right? I should listen to whatever he says, right?

Wrong. I already knew.

He moves in closer, his hands fidgeting with one another. "Rivera called Tasha," he repeats in a hushed voice, "he's the reason why she's here, you have to understand—"

"What's there to understand?" I snapped, cutting Julian off. "Graham did call her, yeah, and she came back, yeah—but you're the one that allowed her to kiss you. You're the one who kissed her back. You're the one who took her back as her boyfriend; you can't say shit to that!"

Julian bites his lip, his eyes pondering on another evidence he could reveal to rear me back. He thinks through his words carefully, gulping, "But, Rivera—"