05 ✧ H

He stares at his boyfriend who's lying on the stiff, uncomfortable bed.

His beautiful eyes are hidden behind his lids, long lashes kissing the top of his cheekbones. Facial structure seeming to have sunken in till he looks like nothing but skin and bones.

But he's still absolutely beautiful. And he'd never stop thinking that about him no matter how sickly pale he looks.

"But embarrassing first encounter aside," he sighs deeply, leaning back into the uncomfortable plastic chair. "That embarrassing moment was also when we had the first exchange of letters."

With slightly shaky fingers, he digs through the box once more, pulling out the third piece of note.

The breath that escapes his dry lips is slow, as if his brain needed that time to process the memory, then, he reads out their third letter.

"It means a lot that you bothered to take the time to write to me..."

✧・゚*✧・゚*✧・゚*✧

Niall can't tear his eyes off the glass door by the entrance. It's been about ten minutes since the green eyed boy left the shop and he's still standing behind the counter with Zayn's smelly pair of sweats, his pale skin sticky with the blue paint under the fabric, and the hairs on his legs feel disgustingly crusty and dried up because of the damn paint.

But he honestly couldn't give a rats arse because... that just happened! He was a complete idiot, but it doesn't even matter anymore.

"Ni, you've been staring at the door for the past ten minutes without moving. It's almost creepy." Zayn says, using the cloth in his hands to whip at his blonde friend's arm.

The blue eyed boy winces, scowling at his friend, rubbing the spot on his arm that was hit even if it didn't hurt one bit.

"I just... I can't believe it Z.." Niall murmurs, barely over a whisper.

"He was just... he was just in that exact spot, right across from me." He says, pointing over at the ground, right where the handsome lad just stood minutes prior.

"Yes, I get it, Ni. Do you also want to kiss the floor he stood at now?"

Niall snorts out a laugh, rolling his blue eyes. "Don't be crazy now, Zee."

He widens his ember eyes, gaping. "Me? Crazy? Have you seen yourself around the lad, Niall? And don't even get me started on the thoughts I know are running through your head."

Niall flashes a false grin. "Oh you know me so well, Zaynie."

Zayn snickers, and before Niall could process anything that was happening, Zayn's suddenly snatching the note from his hands.

"Oooh! What's this? A letter from Romeo?" Zayn coos dramatically.

"Zayn! Give it back! I haven't even read it yet!" Niall tries to reach across the wooden counter and over to Zayn who's holding the paper above his head so he can't reach it.

Zayn only ignores his younger friend, pushing him backwards, before flipping open the note, and clearing his throat, a little dramatically, starting to read the letter out loud.

"It means a lot that you bothered to take the time to write me— a complete stranger, that nice note and take notice of how I arrange my setlist. Not many people do, in fact, no one does. It's nice to be appreciated, so thank you, thank you for making my day."