27 ✧ freedom of expression

•°*

He kicks his feet up onto the hospital bed, sneaking them under the sheets, shamelessly hoping that the heat from his own feet can somehow warm his cold ones too.

He releases a shaky exhale, as he stares at his boyfriend, hands running over the stubble that has grown out across his jaw and chin.

There's a soft knock on the hospital door, and the lad peeks over his shoulder, watching as a head of jet black hair peeks in, smiling weakly.

"Hey buddy." He greets with a warm smile.

"Hi Zayn." The lad smiles kindly, before waving him in. "Come in."

The raven haired lad smiles as he steps into the room, holding a bag of Nandos in his hands.

"I've got you something to eat in case you were hungry."

He smiles gratefully. "Thanks Z, you're the best."

"How's he doing?" Zayn asks as he pulls a plastic chair up to his friend's side then hands over a chicken wrap to him.

"Surviving." He only mutters, but smiles gratefully at Zayn for the meal.

It's silent between them for a bit as they eat their food, silently watching the lad on the bed as if he's the most interesting thing. Well, he is in his boyfriend's eyes.

"Practically everyone in the world could see it. Right from the start." Zayn starts in a small mumble, as he wipes some crumbs off the corner of his lips.

"See what?"

"How in love the two of you are." He says with a short chuckle, smiling lightly. "How you're head over heels in love with him, and how he's exactly the same."

The lad smiles softly. "Guess if there's one thing I did right was falling in love with him."

Zayn chuckles lightly, shaking his head. "Remember when I was asking whether you two are meant to be? I didn't believe it at first ya know? In having 'the one', but seeing you two, made me believe that it's true."

"Well, you're with Louis now, aren't ya? That must mean it's true." He teases his friend with a light chuckle.

"Yeah, I guess so." Zayn muses with a lazy smile.

✧・゚*✧・゚*✧・゚*✧・゚*✧・゚*✧*・゚*✧・゚*✧・゚

"Are you even listening to yourself, Ni?" Zayn asks disbelievingly as he shakes his head.

Niall heaves a deep sigh, fingers running mindlessly over the condensation on the tall glass of milkshake. "I know. I know I'm even crazy for thinking about it... but–"

"No. No buts Niall." The raven haired lad cuts him off. "Literally, all you've been talking and swooning about the past three days was how you and Harry had the cutest date for your birthday."

Which is true. It's Friday today, and all he has been doing was tell Zayn about his date, reliving it in his mind because he never wants to forget it.

He hasn't seen Harry the past three days because of Harry's job at the school, and Niall has his own school work to catch up on, that's why just reliving the memory just makes him so bloody happy.

"See? There you go again." Zayn says, gesturing to the very obvious love struck look Niall has on.

"What? I didn't even say anything." Niall defends.