31 ✧ paris

happy Sunday my loves 💖

**

"Fuck, fuck, fuck, shit." He curses under his breath as he dashes through the corridors of the hospital, his heart pounding against his chest.

He swings the door to his boyfriend's ward open, sighing in relief to see that he's completely fine, still laying on his bed, chest heaving slowly.

"Oh, lad, was just wondering when you'll get here, was almost thinking you won't be coming in today." The doctor says with a slight teasing smile, a hint of sarcasm seeing as it's only seven in the morning.

He puffs out a breath of air, then runs his fingers through his mess of hair, smiling sheepishly.

"Sorry, I overslept."

"And yet you're here an hour before visiting hours." The doctor says, slinging his stethoscope around his neck.

"I was gone for ten hours, slept for eight. I've never let him leave my sight for that long of a time before." He says, sighing softly in relief as he sinks into the cold plastic chair next to the bed.

"Well, on the bright side, you look a lot more alive considering you've hardly had any sleep when you're overnighting here."

The lad waves his hand dismissively. "Don't worry about me, he matters more. You did a check up on him last night yeah? How is he?"

"His vital signs seem to be all good. We even did a scan on him, seems like his brain is finally picking up on more activity."

He perks up at the doctor's words and there's a sparkle of hope glistening in his eyes.

"Yeah? Does that mean he's getting better?" He asks hopefully.

"Definitely." The doctor nods with a warm smile. "So keep talking to him, reminisce about shared events, recall fond memories, etcetera. It'll definitely help trigger more awareness in his mind. I know I don't have to tell you this, but don't give up on him, lad."

"I won't." He shakes his head. "I'll be by his side to face anything and everything." He says with a burst of confidence.

✧・゚*✧・゚*✧・゚*✧・゚*✧・゚*✧*・゚*✧・゚*✧・゚

"You're sure you're fine right? Because if you aren't, I really can stay here with you. I just need to call Desmond and tell him–"

"Ni, relax." Harry sighs deeply, noticing how Niall's searching all over Harry's face worriedly for any signs of pain or hurt.

He loves Niall, he really does, and he knows the blonde means well, but he could really do with less... pestering about his health. The cancer hasn't even been confirmed and everyone's already breathing down his neck about whether he's okay. His mum, Shawn, hell, even Zayn's worried when Niall told him he got admitted into the hospital. And to be honest, it's just getting suffocating.

"Even Dr Eric said I'll be fine. Didn't he give you a contact in Paris to call if anything does happen?" Harry asks, zipping up his small luggage.

"Well, yeah he did." Niall nods, feeling slightly better at the reminder.

It's an early Monday morning, 7.19 am to be exact. It has been three days since Harry got back from the hospital, and Harry has been insisting for Niall to go for his Paris trip. But Niall doesn't want him to leave his sight, so Harry decided to tag along. It has been their plan all along anyway, for the two of them to go together. But because of all this cancer shit cropping up, Niall's afraid of Harry being in a completely different country.