24 ✧ flashbacks

sorry this was a little late babes xx

I'll be gone for the next two weeks too, so I'll try my best to update as best as I can x

*・゚

"You know how sometimes we just can't explain what we see in a person? It's just... the way they take us to a place where no one else can. The way they make it feel like home. And you do that for me, ya know? We could be laying next to each other on your bed, just staring at your ceiling fan, not doing anything, not even speaking, and I'd feel like the luckiest man alive."

A weak smile taints his lips. "Even with whatever happened in our pasts, everything that happened to us, maybe it was fated; God's plan. Because if our pasts didn't happen, we'd probably wouldn't be as... in love as we are, and always will be."

✧・゚*✧・゚*✧・゚*✧・゚*✧・゚*✧*・゚*✧・゚*✧・゚

"Mmm," The blonde shakes his head at the large tv screen. "Now see, that's the problem when you eat soft shell tacos instead of hard ones."

"Hard tacos?" Harry scoffs. "Of course you'd prefer the hard ones." He says suggestively with a knowing smirk.

Niall throws his head back in laughter, smacking the curly haired lad's chest as he instinctively leans in closer to him.

"Shut up, you dork. But yes, hard tacos win. Hands down. I mean... soft shells taste like you're eating soggy paper."

"What're you taco-ing about?" There's a wide grin on Harry's face and it's almost impossible not to snort out a laugh at that even though it was a horrible joke.

"So you're telling me you don't like burritos?" Harry raises a brow in mock offence.

"No, see, that's different. At least burritos are filled with proper fillings, so you can't exactly taste much of the wrap. Plus–"

"La la la la la! Don't wanna taco bout it!" Harry childishly covers his ears, sticking his tongue out at the blonde playfully.

"You're such an idiot." Niall chuckles, shaking his head in amusement.

Harry grins gleefully, dimples deepening in his cheek and there's a sparkle in those emerald gems. The sight melts Niall's heart.

"Now this is the real question," Harry starts, a little too seriously to actually be taken seriously.

He turns himself to the side to face Niall better. The blonde does the same, their knees touching, elbows propped against the back of the sofa.

"Do you eat mac and cheese with a fork or a spoon?"

Niall stifles a laugh. "Which uncultured swine eats it with a spoon?"

Harry gasps, holding a hand to his heart a little too dramatically.

"Have you never heard the sound of your metal fork scraping against your dish? It bleeds your ears. And you won't get that if you use a spoon."

"What has any of that got to do with mac and cheese?" Niall raises a brow.

"Because you'd need to scrape the sides of the dish to get the last bit of cheese." He states as if it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"Well, you can't twirl those cheese string thingies around a spoon, can ya? They're like little thin spaghetti." Niall retorts.

Harry narrows his green eyes playfully. "Is this it? Is this going to be our breaking point? Because of pasta?"

"I'm afraid so m'love. I was born to stand by the side of food, forever and always." Niall says dramatically, trying his hardest to maintain a straight face.