07 ✧ kitchen talk

His eyes shift to the side, watching his slow heartbeat on the monitor again, wanting nothing more than to watch the little lines beat higher, faster, the beeping sound louder. Unfortunately, it stays the same as it has always been— slow, soft. But it's enough confirmation that he's still alive and that's all that matters.

"I remember..." He pauses to compose himself for a second, blinking away threatening tears.

"I remember how we didn't talk to each other for a good week and a half. We were both so busy, our letters exchange was put on hold... But that doesn't mean that I stopped thinking about you."

・゚*✧・゚*✧・゚*✧

"How could you have not told me, Niall? And now because of your negligence, Olivia's sick!"

"My negligence?!" Niall yells, pointing a finger to his chest.

"You could've at least told me that you'd be leaving Olivia in the hands of someone else. If-"

"It's not as if Zayn's a complete stranger I called off the street, mum! We've watched Livvy countless of times together!"

"And that's when you were around! Zayn doesn't know the protocol if something ever happened to Olivia. Now look at what happened, now she's burning up with a fever." The older Horan snaps, pointing up to the stairs in no particular direction.

"What, so you're blaming Zayn now, mum?" Niall scoffs, then cocks an eyebrow up.

"No," She intakes a shaky breath. "I'm not." His mother states, a little too calmly.

"If anyone, it should be you who knew Olivia was sick and you still went out gallivanting to some sleazy bar!"

"I can't believe this." Niall shakes his head with a scowl, storming out of the kitchen, snatching his jacket off the back of the chair in the process.

"If anything, you should be grateful, mum. You and dad are barely around for Olivia. It has always been me. Always. Hell, I'm pretty sure even Zayn has taken more care of her than you two."

He shoots his mother a glare, angrily shrugging on his jacket, and heading towards the front door.

Before opening it, he stops in his tracks, and looks over his shoulders.

"Don't make the same mistake you did with me, with Olivia."

Without another word, Niall's heading out of the large house, slamming the door shut angrily behind him.

» one week later »

Niall stares sadly at the empty spot across the street. Unhelpful thoughts running through his head.

Did Tom the bartender even give it to the right guy? He seemed annoyed at Niall honestly. And Niall doubts if he even gave it to the handsome lad and just kept the ten bucks for himself.

But if Tom the bartender did give it to him, what's taking him so long to reply?

Forget about reply, it's back to the point where he stopped busking!

Oh my goodness, did the letters annoy him?

Honestly, if Niall was in his shoes, (not only would he never stop staring at a mirror), he'd probably feel a little annoyed, creeped out even that whoever's sending him the letter is following him everywhere. It feels like whoever is sending the letter (which is Niall) is double texting his hot crush who just wants nothing to do with him.