06 ✧ wild thoughts

Happy Friday my loves (or whatever day you're reading this on) :) x 💖💖💖

✧ ✧

"The next letter was special..." The lad croaks out, biting his lip tightly in attempt to hide any sob that wanted to escape his lips.

His elbows are perched on his lap, head buried in his hands, fingers weaved and clutching tightly onto his hair, willing himself not to start crying again.

He reaches for his limp hand again with one of his, thumb gently stroking the back of the cold hand as he takes a deep breath.

"The next letter was special because I think that's when the both of us really started to connect, you know?"

Smiling weakly through his tears, he pulls out the fourth letter shared between them. He clears his throat to rid of the growing lump, reading it out loud;

"Whoever doesn't appreciate you, it's their lost, really..."

・゚ *✧・゚ *✧・゚ *✧

"Okay... so, are you seriously not going to say anything? For the whole morning you've only been grinning from ear to ear and you're tickled pink. What happened?" Zayn bumps his shoulders with his blonde friend's teasingly as they walk to their classes together (even if their classrooms are on completely opposite sides of the building).

Niall bites his bottom lip, as though trying to to stop the overwhelming amount of glee from leaving his lips. "I found out Green Eyes' name! Even his name is so handsome!" He squeals, gripping the sleeve of his best mate's jacket tightly and jumping up and down in excitement.

"Oh my goodness, did I mention he's now my neighbour? He lives across the street, Zee!" Niall gushes excitedly.

"Yes Ni, you've mentioned that about sixty seven times already." The raven haired lad rolls his eyes, but that doesn't dampen Niall's mood.

"Anyway, so what's his name?"

"Harry Styles." He says proudly, saying it as though it's some sacred name.

Zayn nods, seemingly impressed. "Man, sounds like a prince's name. Maybe it's a sign that he's yours? Your prince, I mean." He wiggles his brows teasingly.

Niall shoves him playfully, but had to suppress a giggle. "Shut up." He mumbles shyly.

"Anyway, I found out that he's actually an English and music teacher in a primary school for the underprivileged. Can you believe that? That's so sweet of him. I think my heart's about to melt." The blue eyed boy let's out a dreamy sigh, the image of Harry's bright emerald eyes and handsome face, smiling and being all adorable with the little kiddos flashing through the boy's mind.

"Then why isn't your heart melting for all the other teachers in that school?" Zayn scoffs.

"Oh shut up." Niall rolls his eyes with a small amused smirk. "And oh my goodness, he thanked me for my note! And he appreciates me!"

"Really? He said that?" Zayn quirks one of his thick eyebrows, almost in disbelief.

"Well, yeah. He didn't say it to me directly... he told me to pass the message to the lad who gave him the note."

"Wait, I'm confused. You are the lad who gave him the note."

"Yeah, but he doesn't know that." Niall shrugs lightly. "And I actually want to keep it that way. I know it doesn't make much sense but I'm afraid that since now he knows my name and how I look like, he might think I'm a little... I don't know? Creepy? I'll just stay anonymous for now."