Chapter 4: Welcome Back To Hell

E V A N N A

You can do this, I thought, as I stared at my reflection in the mirror. My hair was still a little bit wet from the shower, but other than that, I had my usual gray hoodie, black leggings, and I wore my mom's bracelet.

I walked out of the bathroom, slinging my backpack over my shoulder after wearing my jacket. I was scared. Literally, I was shaking.

I went downstairs and was greeted by my brothers.

It felt so weird... I had brothers...

"Morning," Andrew said, grinning.

Everyone else sat there awkwardly, not knowing what to say. I could feel Jayden's stare burning into me, but it felt different because usually it was full of hatred, but now it was sadness.

"Hi," I mumbled, making my way to the door.

"Where are you going?" Ethan asked.

"To school?" I replied, putting my shoes on.

"What about breakfast?"

"I'm not hungry," I said, opening the door.

Well except, I didn't make it out. I felt a pair of arms lift me up and carry me to the table. Andrew smiled as he sat down, looking pleased.

I sighed as I took a small piece of waffle, putting it in my mouth. "I don't want to go..."

"I'm sorry," Jayden mumbled lowly. "It's all my fault..."

"Yeah, no one's going to argue with that," Andrew said.

I shot a look at Andrew but he just shrugged, turning on his phone. I mean, it was slightly... well, fully true... Jayden is the one who did this to me... But—

Are you kidding me? Why're you finding excuses to defend him?

Because I want to be friends again, I though. I missed it so much... But obviously, like I said a million times before, I should wait.

"Where's Mom and Dad?" I asked, looking around.

"They left," Brandon said. "Like always."

I nodded slowly. "I'm going to go..."

"But you barely ate," Daniel said.

"I'll eat later."

Before I could make it to the door again, Andrew ran up to me. "Hey, if anything goes wrong, call me, okay?"

I had to look up to see his face because he was that tall. "But what if you're in class?"

"You're more important than some math formulas," He said, making me smile. "Will you be okay?"

I shook my head. "I'm scared..."

"If something really bad happens, tell Jayden. Even though he was the one who created this mess, he's trying to fix it."