Chapter 14: Crime

E V A N N A

My eyes lit up when I saw my brothers running across the huge field, laughing and chatting together. They were also with their coach and other friends, and the game was about to start soon.

I came with Jayden and Ethan, and we got to sit close to the field so we could see better. I was happy to see my brothers because I've never seen them play football in an actual game before.

I watched as the cheerleaders came on the field, doing stuff I didn't know what was called. But they seemed really good, and they didn't look like bitchy, stereotypical popular girls that are portrayed in movies.

The captain of the cheerleading club was wearing a different outfit from the others. She had red and gold, while the others had white and gold. She stood out to me too because she was really pretty. I couldn't see her because she wasn't that close to me, but I could tell she was really beautiful from afar.

I wish I was as pretty as her.

"Oh god..." Jayden muttered. "This is too cliché, what the heck."

I turned to see what he was talking about and I agreed with him, cringing. Brandon and that captain of the cheerleader team was kissing.

I swear, I've never met anyone who is a bigger player and jerk than Brandon. And of course, this was cliché. Captain of cheerleader team, captain of football team, the 'perfect' couple, the most popular couple. Was high school actually like this?

The game started, but I did not know anything that happening. When Jayden and Ethan cheered, I joined in, confused.

About two and a half hours later, the game finally ended. We waited outside the school until my brothers came out. Alex was the first one to run up to us. He smiled. "Hey."

I smiled back. "Congrats on the win."

Alex pinched my cheek. "Thanks, sis. I did great, didn't I?"

"Nah, he scored like one point," Daniel cut in, coming next to him. "I was the one who did all the work."

Alex smirked. "Whatever you say, water boy."

Daniel glared at him. "That was when I was first started, dumbass."

"Will you guys stop cursing?" Ethan muttered, shaking his head. "Such bad influences on Evanna and Jayden. They're like 11, don't make them start cursing now."

Daniel cocked his head to the side. "They also curse a lot from what I've heard."

"Just shut your a—" Ethan stopped. "Dang it."

I smiled. "Shut your...?"

Ethan glared at both Jayden and me. "Neither of you better not finish that sentence."

So we did what we would do and both said, "ass?" together, and we both knew at that moment we we made a big mistake, but it was funny.

I pointed at Jayden, trying not to laugh. "He told me to do it."

Jayden made a face at me. "What? What? How? Enlighten us, Evanna. How did I tell you?"