Chapter 56: Going Back To The Accident

E V A N N A

"November 18th," Ethan said.

"What?"

Ethan showed us the paper.

November 18th. Wait.

"That's two days from now..." Daniel said. "What does that mean?"

"What the fuck is going on?" Brandon groaned, grabbing the paper out of Ethan's hand. "Who is this?"

"I'm so sick of this," Andrew snapped, getting up from the couch. "Can we just pretend this didn't happen? Let's just go on about our fucking day and ignore this. This is so fucking stupid!"

"I agree with Andrew," Daniel said. "This is too... I don't like this. I don't want to deal with it. If you guys do, then fine. But I don't want any part of it."

"Are you two serious right now?" Brandon asked. "It's clear all of us are involved in this and nobody wants to be a part of this. But guess what? We are, and we're gonna have to deal with it whether you like it or not."

"Screw this," Andrew said, rolling his eyes and going upstairs.

"Andrew—" Brandon shouted, but Ethan grabbed his shoulder.

Daniel sighed and laid down on the couch. "Why is this shit happening to us?"

"Two more days and I'm pretty sure we're going to die," Jayden said, putting his legs over mine on the couch. He nudged my arm lightly and asked, "are you okay?"

I looked at him with a weak smile. "Yeah, I guess... I'm just scared. Everything seems to be going down hill all of a sudden."

"I'm going to the pool, I don't want to deal with this shit," Daniel said, getting up and going downstairs into the basement.

"Brandon, can you call Alex? He's always out all the time and right now he should be here," Ethan said.

Brandon nodded. "Yeah, but I'm pretty sure he's at a party."

The doorbell rang and Brandon went to get the door. "Speak of the devil."

We all turned and saw Alex almost collapse into Brandon's arm, groaning and mumbling things.

"It's literally 7 and look at you," Brandon said, hauling Alex up carefully. "How much did you fucking drink?"

Ethan went up to them and easily carried Alex onto the couch where he passed out. Brandon turned back to the door. "Do you want to come in? Or..."

"I'm okay," Cathy's voice came from the door. "I just dropped him off home because he was drunk. That's all."

"Alright," Brandon said.

"Hi, Cathy!" I called out.

I could hear her laugh and she replied, "Hi, Ev. Thanks, Brandon. And when Alex wakes up, tell him this was a one time thing and not to see me again, okay?"

Brandon chuckled. "Okay. And I'm sorry about what happened between you two."

"Whatever, asshole," Cathy said, laughing. "Forget about it. Im okay."