Chapter 62: Finally Back.

"Mia..?" Everyone rushed over to her, the room so silent I could almost hear how fast their heart was racing. We waited but her body went still and I released the breath I was holding in.

"She's not going to wake up today," Ethan told us. "Let's go home, guys."

Everyone grabbed their things in silence, and we reluctantly headed out the door. Before I closed it, I took one last look at Mia, hoping that she would be okay and made a promise that I'd be back for her.

I felt so drained. Jayden was holding my hand tightly, reassuring me as all of us slowly walked out of the hallway. For the first time, Owen was quiet, his hands in his pockets and staring blankly ahead as he walked. Bianca was also quiet, her mascara running and eyeliner smudged from the tears.

When we reached outside, Jayden wrapped his jacket around me to keep me warm, and Ethan and Brandon took out their keys.

"Are you going to drive us home?" Bianca asked.

Ethan thought for a minute and replied, "Do you guys just want to crash at our place?"

And it was decided. We'd just split in half for the car ride and we'll sleep at our house. All of us started walking towards the parking lot when we heard a familiar voice from behind one of the cars.

"It's 1 in the morning, are you serious?" A tired girl's voice dragged out. "I'm supposed to be studying. I have an exam coming up."

"Do you think I don't have one coming up too?" It was Ian's voice. "The police already told our parents, there's no way she's staying at our house if she wakes up."

"Why does she have to make everything hard for us?" The girl, I assumed who was Mia's sister, said. "If you're going to kill yourself, do it properly. Do you know how bad this is going to make our family look?"

"She's getting kicked out either way. One less problem for us to deal with."

"Good for her, huh," Brandon spoke up, leaning against his car which was conveniently placed across their cars. "That's four less problems for Mia to deal with."

Ian and his sister turned their heads towards Brandon, and immediately Ian scoffed, cocking his head to the side. "You again?"

"Ian, who's this?" His sister asked, warily staring at us. The resemblance between her and Mia was shocking, she just looked like a bitchier version of Mia with round glasses and darker hair.

"Some kids who were in Mia's room. Apparently they're her friends." Ian glared at us, shaking his head. "She was spending her time making shitty friends instead of doing her work."

His sister narrowed her eyes. "They go to our school."

The corner's of Brandon's lips turned into a dangerous smile. "I know you. You're the annoying girl who keeps taking first place in my year. I thought that was the only reason why people didn't like you, but seeing you in person, I see why."

"There's a difference between me and you," she said firmly, looking down on Brandon. "You drink, party, fight, and fail school. That's all you know how to do. I have a future."

"A future? Wonder what people will think when they hear that Mia's own family was the reason for her suicide," Brandon said, his smile slowly fading away.

"Of course you wouldn't know what living life feels like, all you do is study all fucking day. Doesn't it get boring?" Owen joined, laughing.

"There's no way you actually have friends. You're like some stuck up goody-two shoes who's dry as fuck," Bianca piped in, looking the girl up and down.