Chapter 26: First Day In School

E V A N N A

"Oh, you two are so dead," Ethan muttered, glaring at me and Jayden.

"Blue hair doesn't look that bad on you," I pointed out with an innocent smile.

"Who the fuck sprayed painted my motorcycle?" Brandon thundered, storming into the house.

"Green suits it," Jayden said, hiding his smile.

At that moment, maybe I regretted some life choices. The looks on Ethan and Brandon's face terrified me.

"Hey, it's just a prank," I said nervously, my fear clinging onto my voice. "It's supposed to be fun—"

"Get over here!" Ethan yelled as I took off running upstairs. I ran to my room and locked it, my heart beating fast.

But obviously, Ethan opened it somehow and shut the door, a smile on his face.

"Blue hair really does look good on you," I quietly said.

"Thanks, but I'm still gonna get you back," Ethan grinned. Before I knew it, he grabbed me and threw me onto the bed, pinning me down. I screamed and laughed as Ethan tickled me.

"Stop!" I screeched. "Sorry— Stop! Ethan!"

I squirmed and tried to get Ethan off of me. I was out of breath by the time Ethan stopped, recovering from all of that.

"You're... so... mean," I said in between breaths. "Not... fair."

"Be happy I didn't throw you in the pool," Ethan said, laughing.

I laughed too, hugging a pillow against my chest. "What are you going to do about your hair?"

"I'll probably re-dye it brown," Ethan said, running his hand through his hair. "I'm just glad you didn't spray paint my car. I would've killed you guys on the spot."

I laughed nervously. "A-actually... I saw... Andrew and Alex... spray painting... your car."

Ethan stared at me for a moment. "You're joking."

I bit my lip. "Uh..."

Ethan bolted out of the room and I followed, running after him downstairs. Ethan looked around, when all of a sudden, Andrew came downstairs.

"Who broke my computer?" Andrew groaned. "That's not a funny prank— Oh, hey Ethan..."

Alex came in, smiling. "I broke it— Oh... Ethan... what's up..."

"Imma break all of your arms, I swear!" Ethan growled, running after them.

I smiled, watching them run upstairs. I walked over to the couch and sat down, wondering if Jayden was okay.

"Hey," Daniel said, coming over to me.

I eyed him suspiciously but he just laughed and sat down.

"Sorry bout your hair," he said, ruffling it. "It looks good on you, though."

I smiled, twirling my hair with my finger. "If my mom found out, she probably would have freaked out."