Chapter 21: Swimming? For the Third Time...

E V A N N A

"Wait, are you sure? Who was it from?" Jayden asked me.

I shrugged. "I don't know."

Jayden hesitated before pulling out his phone. "I'm asking Dylan right now."

I sat next to him and looked over his shoulder, and sure enough, Dylan replied straight away.

Dylan: Yeah, I'm coming to the party. I think it's stupid but it's fun so, oh well?

Jayden frowned. "How did... you guys get invited and not me?"

Some of our cousins laughed because of that.

Winston nudged Jayden. "Damn, boy knows he's popular. Jealous?"

But Jayden was serious. I couldn't blame him.

I, the biggest loser in the school, got invited and Jayden, the coolest, most popular kid didn't.

"Well, Dylan said he's coming," Jayden sighed. "So I guess... it's alright..."

"What if it's a trap?" Davon asked. "They might like lead you somewhere and do something."

"Maybe you shouldn't go," Ethan muttered.

I slumped back in my seat, all my happiness draining away. What if it was actually a trap? "Okay..."

"Guys! Eat cake!" Someone called form upstairs.

I got to know my cousins better. They were all really cool. They were super nice too. We all went upstairs except I awkwardly fidgeted with my hair because I didn't want to eat.

I didn't want to eat at all.

Tomorrow's the school day.

I'm actually leaving.

It was the last time I'd be in school.

And then suddenly I got overwhelmed. I was seriously leaving. I was going to be by myself again.

What if I get bullied? No, that can't happen. I won't let that happen...

"Eat," Daniel said, handing me a piece of cake.

"No thanks," I replied, my head starting to ache from all the stress.

"It's Friday, why not?" Daniel laughed.

"What does being Friday have to do anything with—" I froze.

"It-It's Friday?" I stammered.

Daniel nodded slowly. "Tomorrow is Saturday... why?"

Huh.

Huh...

How the fudge did I not realize it was freaking Friday? There's no school tomorrow! I actually must be crazy. How do I actually not know?

I literally hated myself. I'm so stupid, what the heck?

So it starts on Monday...