Chapter 22: My Stupid Therapy Session

E V A N N A

So, what did Owen, Jayden, and I do all night?

Obviously, I hated Owen, but...

We spread out blankets and pillows on the floor and ate while watching movies on Netflix.

It was great, except for the fact that my dad booked an appointment to a therapy session without telling me before.

Right after that, I cried and cried to Ethan as he comforted me.

I did not want to go to therapy.

And also, the thing was, Ethan said to my dad, "You're not helping her. This isn't going to help her."

But then Dad replied with, "I don't want to help her. I want her to be normal."

And that's when I broke down. So it was us two in my room, me crying as Ethan tried to help me. And then probably an hour later when I was done with my emotional wreck, I watched movies downstairs with the two idiots.

But I fell asleep around 3? 4? And before I fell asleep-asleep, if you know what I mean, I could hear Jayden whispering to Owen and then Owen groaned, but I felt myself being lifted up lightly and down onto the soft bed.

And then someone brought the blanket up for me and I fell asleep.

————

I woke up. On. My. Bed.

How on Earth did I get here?

I checked the time.

12:43 PM.

"Sleeping beauty's awake," Andrew teased, coming in.

I sighed, getting off my bed. "I'm tired."

"Hi tired, I'm—"

"Shut up."

"Okay."

I laughed as I went into the bathroom, tying my hair quickly into a low ponytail. I started brushing my teeth and washed my face after.

"Ethan told me about today," Andrew said.

"Yeah?" I said. "It's gonna he great, honestly. Sharing my feelings with a stranger. My dad sending me because he wants me to be normal, like I don't want to be normal."

I used my towel before hanging it back up and walking back to my bed. "Do you know when I have to leave?"

"Yeah..." he muttered. "In about... thirty minutes."

I groaned, slamming my head into my pillow. "I hate this. Why can't I just talk to you guys? You guys will help me more than a therapist will ever help."

"Hurry up, Evanna!" Dad yelled from downstairs.

I closed my eyes. "You said thirty minutes."

Andrew sheepishly smiled. "Oops."

I grabbed my phone and reluctantly went down the stairs to my dad. Everyone else was waiting for me downstairs, staring at me.